The front suspension strut return hoses can be repaired insitu.
1. Jack up the car on the offending side and secure, turn the steering to give access the back of the strut.
2. With a sharp knife, cut both tubes just above the thickening, remove old tube.
3. Inset copper(or similar)brake tubes into the open cut ends.
(Clips can be used if necessary.)
4. Attach suitable lengths of silicon tube to the copper stubs and connect other ends to the fixed meatal tubes.
If you want to remove the old metal clip and reuse, I found could be done like this:
1. Gently tap one side of the overlapping clip, either up or down, the clip will then disengage with no damage.
2. Grind the inside edges of pliers to form a thin edge, this can then be used to replace the clip on the strut.
Yes, place your time and money saving tips here.Nothing illegal or dangerous please!Motoring related only please.
Messages: 1 • Page 1 of 1