Black Screen Infotainment Peugeot 2008 (2023)

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

banani
My Cars: Peugeot 2008 (2023) AT 1.2

Black Screen Infotainment Peugeot 2008 (2023)

Post by banani »

Hello, im new to this forum and would like to start off with my first post about a dreadful problem with my brand new Peugeot.

Id like to know if someone else had this particular issue, or if its more widely known issue..

So I bought a new Peugeot 2008 Automatic Trans. allure pack 1,2 about a month ago.
Brand new from factory. After a week and about 400km later, the infotainment system was not turning on on an engine start (black screen and touch bar not lit up).
This happened randomly (not on every engine start). It does recover by itself after some driving and turning off the engine and waiting for some time (5mins +).
It is annoying since the infotainment is pretty much useless most of the time (AC control, rear camera, etc…). Force restart does not work if the screen is dead (holding down music key or any other..).

I also checked the ECU type by sending a request for my VIN (see attachment).
Also check the firmware version by VIN (see attachment).
As expected I have the latest FW version that was released in April last year (2022) (see attachment).

I contacted the dealer and insisted to get the problem fixed. It took a loot back and forth exchanges before they have opened an issue and sent it to Peugeot.
They got a reply saying they dont have permission to do anything on the vehicle itself and that they know about this issue already - suposedly its a firmware problem?
So all I can do is wait and hope that next update fixes this. A new vehicle in this state (not working properyl) is unacceptable..

I am really dissapointed because of this. And really worried if update comes any time soon. If you look into a list of updates for the RCC Wave3 it turns out on average its about 1 update per year. And this year (2023) hasnt been any yet.

All in all I wanted to share this to get this “out there” and maybe some feedback, if you had the same issue, or if you have any insight for the problem or any extra information, I would be really thankful if you did.
Attachments
ECU version
ECU version
FW version for my car
FW version for my car
FW version list RCC Wave3
FW version list RCC Wave3
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Black Screen Infotainment Peugeot 2008 (2023)

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Unfortunately this is the way of things and there's nothing you can do until they sort out a new firmware update.

Because they first have to find the issues (collated from customer feedback via dealerships), then confirm the fault, and then write new software to fix it and then of course they have to actually test it across the various Citroen Peugeot, DS Automobiles vehicles for correct function. So it can take a while to get a new fix.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
thewatson1
New User
My Cars: New 2023 Peugeot 2008 gt

Post by thewatson1 »

I have exactly the same issue on my new, November 2023, 2008 GT 1.2 petrol automatic.
On the 23rd December 2023 the screen went totally black and will not come on at all.
I have been advised not to use the the car and the earliest my Peugeot agent can fit my car in to be repaired is the second week in February 2024.
The GT is supposed to be the second highest spec, second only to the electric model yet it comes with no built in satnav, not even the subscription TomTom.
There is so much missing in the spec that shouldn't be.
As someone who has had many Peugeot cars over the years and I must say the car drives nicely enough but is seriously let down by the spec.
To say I'm not impressed is an understatement.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Surely you would of checked the trim level had everything that you wanted before buying the vehicle? I don't understand how people can make a major purchase like a vehicle and not make sure it has everything they wanted. There are the various trim levels and then there are optional extras. Did you not check the specification over when you bought it?

The other issue is that they change trim level equipment all the time. In your case I believe the previous 2008 models from 2020 had the connected navigation, but the 2024 2008 GT does not:
2008 GT.PNG
But to be honest, I wouldn't worry too much. Just get an app like Sygic Navigation and use this via Android Auto or Apple CarPlay which your vehicle has. Basic features are free, including the maps, but for only £14.99 a year, you get all the premium features and that includes like traffic data, Speed limits and warnings, petrol prices and speed camera alerts, road speed warnings etc.

When you consider that Peugeot are now only offering a free 6 month connected service subscription for free, and then after that you have to pay over £100 a year for connected services, it's a no-brainer.

It works brilliantly and I now use this over my factory fitted sat nav as the sygic system has weekly updates for the maps and even includes the ridiculous 20 MPH speed limits now imposed on us, which my Citroen Nav system does not have even with the latest map!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
robertcmion
New User
My Cars: Qashqai and now 2008

Post by robertcmion »

Black Screen of death on infotainment system appeared on Saturday. This problem was topped up orange spanner symbol on driver's screen saying there is a fault with blindspot warning light. Car is only 2 months old!! Garage says car needs a new connectivity box which they are ordering for me . Garage/Dealer says another customer has same fault.