Peugeot Boxer DAB problem, radio firmware update (SOLVED)

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

marteuk
My Cars: X5 M50D G05, C4 Grand Picasso, Peugeot Boxer Couple other vans

Peugeot Boxer DAB problem, radio firmware update (SOLVED)

Post by marteuk »

So just recently bought Peugeot Boxer Professional 2016 reg with TomTom sat nav. DAB didn't work. there was DAB on menu to chose, but FM still was rather than changing from FM to DAB. Read on internet and here advice was to visit dealer for an firmware update. So first i did decided to get my TomTom maps updated, and surprisingly now in 2023 i was the first who did maps update on my 2016 van, meaning that I was still eligible for a free one time update from TomTom which I did. Then decided to have a look at firmware, and found update file online. Downloaded it (300mb) and updated my radio firmware straight from ver6 to ver13, voila DAB started to work. So, to save you time visiting dealer I'm sharing the file, which contents you extracting to your fat32 formatted USB drive, and then inserting into van's USB port. It took approx. 30min, so I left van idling. It worked for me, but I take no responsibility if wouldn't work for you. Good luck with your update. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CKvKXv ... share_link
Andyleni
My Cars: Peugeot boxer 2016

Re: Peugeot Boxer DAB problem, radio firmware update (SOLVED)

Post by Andyleni »

Hi there
I have just bought a Peugeot boxer campervan conversion. I have the same problem with the DAB and out of date Sat Nav. My Tomtom map is 2015 so I might be eligible for the free one time update. How do you get that? Also how do you get the firmware download off the usb stick into the unit. I inserted my usb into the van usb port but wasn't sure what to do next. Thanks Andy
igard78
New User
My Cars: Peugeot boxer

Post by igard78 »

Hi many thanks for the firmware link. DAB is now back on line 👍😃
Andyleni
My Cars: Peugeot boxer 2016

Post by Andyleni »

Got the map updated but still no luck with dab radio.
njk
My Cars: Peugeot Boxer 2015

Post by njk »

I just updated my maps using Tom Tom Home with a USB then the radio using the file above. Once downloaded, unzip, copy all files within folder (not folder itself) to USB, prepared as above. Once plugged into dash USB, system should pick up the update then start it within a minute or two. DAB was an undetectable option for me before the update but now can be selected since I updated.
Carpet man
New User
My Cars: peugeot boxer

Post by Carpet man »

hello im having trouble updating radio , ive done as siad above but all i get is error code 127
any ideas please