assembly of climatronics without clipping into the engine ecu

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kuba2704
My Cars: citroen xsara mk2 1.4

assembly of climatronics without clipping into the engine ecu

Post by kuba2704 »

As in the topic, I have the opportunity to buy an air conditioning kit for the xsara mk1, the problem is that I have the xsara mk2. I have already analyzed the diagrams and it turns out that I will be able to opt for it, there is only one problem, there is a connection between the air conditioning ecu and the engine ecu in the diagram, the problem is that I have a completely different engine controller and I will not be able to connect it. If anyone has information whether the air conditioning will work normally without being connected to the ECU or what this connection is responsible for, I would ask for help. Image
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: assembly of climatronics without clipping into the engine ecu

Post by wheeler »

Firstly a mk1 Xsara may or may not be multiplexed. They became multiplexed around late 1999 to early 2000 so this may cause issues if you have got a non multiplexed A/C kit.
The engine ECU needs to authorise the operation of the A/C and if I remember right on later models the pressure sensor is actually directly connected to the engine ECU.
kuba2704
My Cars: citroen xsara mk2 1.4

Re: assembly of climatronics without clipping into the engine ecu

Post by kuba2704 »

I know about it, I have an air conditioning set (probably from a car without a multiplex) which is independent of other systems except the ECU, and I mean whether it will work without connecting these 2 wires