Antipollution system faulty came up after accelerating during overtake (P1447)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Antipollution system faulty came up after accelerating during overtake (P1447)

Post by wheeler »

H4wkeye wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 19:05 Cheers. I will mention that in the garage. Where is it located? Near the DPF?
Screwed into the exhaust just upstream of the cat/dpf. I would expect to see a specific exhaust temperature fault logged if there was an issue with it though.

It kind of sounds like the DPF may be getting a bit clogged & its showing under load. Remember the soot & ash levels are just estimated, if some cheeky person has told the car in the past that the DPF was cleaned/replaced when it wasnt this could mean its thinks there is a lot less soot/ash that there actually is meaning its seeing it as a pressure fault rather than a clogging fault. Just a though.
H4wkeye
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2011 Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDI

Re: Antipollution system faulty came up after accelerating during overtake (P1447)

Post by H4wkeye »

Hmm yeah. Guess there is several things to check then.
H4wkeye
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2011 Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDI

Post by H4wkeye »

I forgot to write that we replaced the differential pressure sensor and the error stopped showing up for about 4.5 months and ~5000km. Lots of motorway driving, accelerations etc and it was all fine. But like 10 days ago it popped again. Thought EGR was the culprit cuz it had it's own errors so we replaced it but the error still shows either under heavy acceleration or sometimes randomly after a longer drive.

Any ideas?