HELPPPPP, Dealer just want money money money money

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

yingxue2022
Donor 2023
My Cars: citroen berlingo

Re: HELPPPPP, Dealer just want money money money money

Post by yingxue2022 »

wheeler wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 15:42
yingxue2022 wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 17:05 sigh...so what exactly do I do? does this mean I should really just get rid of the van and find another vechile that doesnt require Ad blue / hiybrid or electrical?
This is frustrating... :( :( :( :(
Most of the big manufacturers have problematic adblue system's. Ford are no better and the VAG & JLR systems are awful.

The dealer Diagbox diagnostic system saves diagnostic traces & PSA can check these to see what tests were done, when & how long it was connected etc. Another reason why I dont believe they would lie about the tank replacement. They will likely look at the traces to authorise a second tank.
so they Can check but do they actually check though? anyway I think a tank will definitely be replaced this time, but like Wheeler has suggested it might not even be with the tank but something else. I am not sure if they did check it carefully or simply just guessed.....
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 17:25 Most diesel vans a few years old will all have similar systems to meet the Euro standards, so that's really not going to solve your issue.

I suggested you stick with the dealer who repaired the tank and if they won't look at it again, contact Citroen Headquarters and escalate the issue.
I emailed managing director and now being assistted with an executive support manager, not sure she can be much of help to resolve the problem eventually but surely it gives the dealership a little bit of pressure. I am sending emails to both party asking what their plan is to resolve the problem, and told them I will contact managing director again if it still remains or occurrs after second repair ( it will mean they didn't actually take the matter seriously and investigate enough? :( :( :( Not sure how much longer this is going to take, it is just frustrating..............
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Just remain calm, but firm and don't threaten as it doesn't help now that you have somebody on your case. Try not to introduce 'trust' issues or make accusations that you are not 100% sure about as that doesn't help too. You just need to show them that you have been patient, but have felt let down so far and let them try and resolve the matter for you.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

thanks I will try to... but it is so difficult to remain calm, I believe anyone in my shoes will be very pissed off with the situation.
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

another 2 weeks gone, and a staff contacted me and said a Reserivor and pipe was replaced but not TANK. But the manager was claiming the tank they replaced first time was faulty and need another new one. So apparently they didnt change again this time, and cant be bothered to. I dont think they will even look and check what the real problem is , if they dont even do what they promised. Just cant imagine this is how handle things when like someone said it is all under citroen warranty.............. :( :( :(
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 10:27 Just remain calm, but firm and don't threaten as it doesn't help now that you have somebody on your case. Try not to introduce 'trust' issues or make accusations that you are not 100% sure about as that doesn't help too. You just need to show them that you have been patient, but have felt let down so far and let them try and resolve the matter for you.
I am not sure about parts, but is Resouivor same thing as ad blue tank>? I think the staff there explained to me it is different thing, I think a resourivor is cheaper than a tank. So they have said they replaced resourvior last time, I dont know whey it needs to be replaced again? simply crazy.....
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

1) The diesel Particulate Filter has an Eolys Additive Tank or reservoir. This fluid is only for the the DPF system and it automatically doses an amount into the fuel tank when diesel is added to the fuel tank.
2) Completely separately you have the SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) system that injects Adblue (UREA) contained in a tank or reservoir into the catalytic converter to reduce the NOx emissions.

So the terminology is interchangeable, but there are 2 different systems..

Watch this video that explains the systems so you know what the difference is:

Marc
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

in the initial paperwork it reads work carried out was - replaced urea resourvior, dpf clean and regen, urea tank changed and programmed. The staff also explained to me that a resourvior was replaced rather than a tank when we collect the van last time, and he said because resourvior is more important than a tank. It looks like to me the dealership or Citroen aint going to investigage further and just leave me with the van that clearly has ongoing ad blue signal problem. it is a deadend... maybe I should just damp it and get another van :( :( :(
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

Hi Sir I have the paperwork back and the fault reading is ( P20EE92 Depoluution of the deNOx system effectiveness), will new tank solve this or does it maybe mean something else? many thanks.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so the fault description for this fault code is as below.

The fault would seem to be with the DeNOx system, so as you can see there can be lots of causes - but all of these should be a warranty covered issue, so stand your ground. They have the fault and now need to test the various components to pin it down.
Fault Code: P20EE 92
Description of Fault: Depollution of the deNOx system (Effectiveness): Performance or operation does not conform. DeNOx system effectiveness fault.
Conditions for Fault to clear: At least one of the following conditions must be fulfilled:
- After switching the ignition off and then back on
- When driving
Downgrade Modes whilst Fault is active: Limitation of urea solution injection.
Whilst this fault is active you may get the following warnings:
  • Engine diagnosis warning lamp
  • Urea solution warning lamp
  • Warning message
Symptoms: Lack of power
Suspect Areas:
  • Urea pump - gauge module
  • Nox sensor
  • Heated urea pipe
  • DeNOx catalyser
  • Pre-catalyser
  • Particle filter
  • Urea injector
  • Urea fluid level
  • Exhaust line
  • Air line
  • Exhaust gas recycling valve open cycle ratio
  • Electrical harness
  • Connectors

Marc
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

Thank you very much indeed sir this is extremely helpful, we just got the van back and no surprise at all same story happens here again. They simply did the easy job by replacing the urea tank and assumed that it will go away... Guess we definitely have to let the vehicle go this time, I will ask if the garage will take it back at a good price.
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

It looks rather complicated and big issue, I am suspecting that this was probably why first owner got rid of the van... I am worried if I can get rid of it now with this ongoing problem... :| :|
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's going to be the issue I'm afraid as with a warning light on like this and messages, nobody will want to touch it I suspect. That's why I suggested you stick with it. If you still have the fault on, take it back to them and say it's not been fixed. How long since you bought it?

Marc
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

just over a year...
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so taking it back to the seller is out of the question now - so you have to call on either your vehicle manufacturer warranty whilst it is still valid. Keep all records of conversations and emails you have of the process as you may need to show that you reported the issue well within the warranty period and the vehicle has not been repaired.

If you still have warnings or lights on, keep taking it back to the dealer to fix it and if you can't get anywhere, get back to Citroen Warranty and make a formal complaint.

Here's an extract from Citroen Warranty (https://citroen.motor-admin.com/warranty/faq-list) - the people who provide the warranty for them, and the contact number for complaints:
What happens if I’m not happy with the service?
We hope you won't need to make a complaint, but if you're not happy with the service provided, you should call Citroën Warranty Administration on 0344 573 8191, or write to The Customer Service Manager, Citroën Warranty Administration, Jubilee House, 5 Mid Point Business Park, Thornbury, West Yorkshire, BD3 7AG. Please quote your vehicle registration number to ensure your enquiry is dealt with promptly. We'll do our best to resolve your query straight away, in line with the complaints process outlined in the Policy Document. Should you not be satisfied with the initial resolution of your complaint, you will still be entitled to complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Marc