2017 C3 110hp petrol dashboard and radio issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

thefunkaygibbon
My Cars: Citroen C3 2017 110hp

2017 C3 110hp petrol dashboard and radio issues

Post by thefunkaygibbon »

I have just got hold of a 2017 C3. In the car the screen controls basically everything, which makes the dash nice and clear IMO. However, I have run into a problem, hopefully someone will know about...

It seems that the radio and the screen will sometimes go off while driving, but only on the start of a journey. It does all come back on again shortly afterwards. I picked it up and the whole infotainment system went off about 3 times in the first 30 mins, but I drove for another 1.5 hours without an issue. I first thought that I was using a dodgy cable for Android Auto that tripped, but it happened without the phone being connected. I then thought that it could be faulty wiring or something, but if that was the case I would have thought that it would continue to happen for the whole journey. My next thought is the battery is on the way out, so I was going to take the battery out and charge it, but it seems that is near impossible (why can't batteries be just two connectors again? I know, I'm old!)

This obviously didn't happen during the test drive. The screen was on for the whole test, but I did have the radio muted. The test drive was about 20 mins (they gave me the keys and I "got lost" ;) )

I'm hoping that people have seen this before and there is an easy fix. Please note I don't have any OBD checking tools at the moment, so I cannot scan for error codes