Indicator issue

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jxg
My Cars: Citroen Berlingo multispace xtr

Indicator issue

Post by Jxg »

Hello,
I'm having an issue with the rear N/S indidicator.

Citroen Berlingo Multispace XTR 2008

It started with an intermittent problem when I indicated left, it would work, but then sometimes flash quickly (like when a bulb is blown). This went on for a while with it sometimes working and sometimes not. Until eventually it just remained flashing quickly.

I checked the indicators and all but the rear N/S were working.

I replaced the bulb with new, and it still didn't work.
I checked the bulb holder and noticed a small amount of corrosion inside the wire plug/connector.

So I replaced that, and still didn't work. So, I then thought maybe the plu was also affected, and replaced that (new). Still didn't work.

I then saw some posts about resetting the BSI. I tried that (3 times) followed the procedure, window/bonnet open, disconnect the battery and wait 15s, turn everything off, turn on side lamps, turn ignition on and press/hold the lock button on fob etc.

I did that on three separate occasions because there was no obvious notice of the procedure being successful/complete.

Still doesn't work.

After the BSI reset, I then went to change the clock/date as that was now wrong and noticed on the display. It had two faults still listed.
Side lights faulty (these are all working fine), and the indicator fault.

Is there a way to clear these faults without going to a main dealer?

Has anyone else had a similar experience, and/or any suggestions that might be worth exploring?

Is there anyone local(ish) to Cornwall with a lexia and time to help?

Any help/advice really appreciated.
Thanks.