Relay Alarm

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dilby
My Cars: Citroen Relay

Relay Alarm

Post by dilby »

Hi all - was hoping some kind folks could help me with a but of a predicament I'm in with my 2017 Citroen Relay van which I'm currently converting into a camper (haven't touched electrics yet). As I've been working on it I haven't driven it much, and with the cold weather unfortunately the battery has gone low; too low to turn over but the lights run fine. I had planned to recharge the battery today, but yesterday when finishing up working on some interior stuff I tried locking it from the key fob and it wouldn't lock. My first thought was that the battery was too low to engage the central locking, but I thought as tall the lights were running fine you'd think they'd be able to engage a couple of solenoids. So I thought that the key fob might need a new battery and I started to change it. However during this process the van's alarm started going off; the alarm for around 10 seconds, then off for 10 seconds, on repeat. During the 10 seconds it's not going off it sounds like the locks are trying to shut and all the needles on the dash are going at about 2 beats per second. I fumbled about at the van, trying to manual lock the drivers door (only manual lock on the vehicle) and changed the battery in the job. It eventually stopped, although i have no solid idea why. I decided to leave it unlocked (hardly easy to steal as it is) and review in morning as I have one neighbour who is very aggressive and when the alarm goes off it sends me into a panic that they're going to lose it.

So today I tried to take the battery out of the van to charge it, but the alarm went off again. The cycle goes for around 10 minutes, and then stops for about 5 and starts again. The battery in the fob is brand new. In the end I had to take the fusebox cover off and removed what i believe to be the alarm 10A fuse which has stopped the alarm.

So what I need to do now is charge the battery, but I disparately want to stop the alarm cycle going off again, and was hoping to arm myself with some knowledge first. So some questions to anyone who's been kind enough to read this far:

- Would the key fob be related to this at all or is it sheer coincidence that it started/stopped when i was changing the battery
- Now that I've removed the 10A fuse, does that mean the alarm can't go off? (Seems an easy way for a car thief to stop an alarm - a posi screwdriver and some tweezers is all that's needed!)
- Is it likely that the alarm is caused by a flat battery? (I'm thinking that batteries go flat a lot so seems a strange thing to happen if it does, but perhaps it's caught in some mid-lock kind of position?)

Any other tips and tricks really appreciated - i'm quite stressed! Thanks
jakeyworth
New User
My Cars: Citroen relay
Ds3

Re: Relay Alarm

Post by jakeyworth »

Hi did you get to the bottom of this?