bsi causing power drain

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jasper3055
My Cars: Peugeot 308, boxer

bsi causing power drain

Post by jasper3055 »

I posted this problem on the Peugeot site and thought it also applied to any Citroen Relay owners.
I have seen a similar problem but unfortunately no solution had been found. Anyway here is the problem
I have a problem with a Boxer which has a parasitic drain that is sufficient to put my multimeter off the 10A setting. It can light a small bulb and when reattaching the earth sparks can be seen.
I have traced it to the circuits controlled through the BSI module. When I remove the set of wires that exit the back of this module the drain disappears. The only way I can stop the drain is to isolate the battery or remove the main feed into the drivers side fuse box.
Another symptom of this is that the starter cranks over slowly making the engine hard to start.
The starter is good and so is the alternator. Both feeds have been isolated but the drain is still present.
The Boxer has been converted into a camper and I can only think that someone has taken a wire from one of the BSI circuits but have taken it before the fuse rather than after it so the fuse cannot blow
More info on this has been posted on the Peugeot forum
Any suggestions would be appreciated