Citroen C4 Picasso diesel starting problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ruteus
My Cars: Citroen C4 Picasso diesel
Citroen Xsara Picasso

Citroen C4 Picasso diesel starting problem

Post by Ruteus »

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have joined in the hope someone may have some ideas to help me out.
My 2014 Citroen C4 Picasso Excl Airdream E-HDI with 140,000 miles on the clock is having problems starting. It's been with my mechanics for the past 2 months. Once started, it's running like a dream, but I'm having to use the prime pump to get her to start more often than not.
So far the injectors have all been checked (no issues, tested good) and the HPP also checked and tested fine. New battery put on and starter motor kicking over no problem. She just doesn't seem to maintain fuel pressure when I'm trying to start. Turbo sensor also replaced just prior to this issue starting.
I'm really hoping for some ideas as, as I've said, once running she's driving as well as ever since I bought her at 18,000 miles on the clock!
Many thanks in advance

Ps... I'm not a mechanic in any way... I'm a nurse, so whilst I can explain the mechanics of the human body, I'm not that brilliant with car engines 😂
bigdaz74
My Cars: Citroen c4 Picasso n Peugeot 3008 owned C4 GP, Xsara, Xsara Picasso, Peugeot 205,207,306,,309,405,all Diesel

Re: Citroen C4 Picasso diesel starting problem

Post by bigdaz74 »

I had a similar problem on a c3 and it was a tinny pin hole we could not see in the fuel line. When it was sat over night the fuel would run back and would have to prime it to get fuel back and air lock out then when it started run no problem till you stopped it slowly went back to square one if that's any help we replaced the fuel lines which comes with primer pump and that sorted. Just a possible Idea
Ruteus
My Cars: Citroen C4 Picasso diesel
Citroen Xsara Picasso

Post by Ruteus »

Thanks bigdaz, it's going back to the garage on Wednesday... I'll let them know. Luckily they're being brilliant!
bigdaz74
My Cars: Citroen c4 Picasso n Peugeot 3008 owned C4 GP, Xsara, Xsara Picasso, Peugeot 205,207,306,,309,405,all Diesel

Post by bigdaz74 »

Any updates on car