C4 Throttle Body

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Doo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2000 Range Rover V8 4.0
2004 Jaguar XK8 4.2
2007 Citroen C4 1.6hdi SX
2012 Berlingo Multispace e-hdi XTR (nice drive :-)
2016 Suzuki Burgman AN650 Executive
I miss my Renault 5 Gordini Turbo....

C4 Throttle Body

Post by Doo »

Hi all, belated Happy New Year :)

Wife told me yesterday her car kept stallinng when she stopped at lights, etc. So I lifted the bonnet and was surprised to find a mess of oil all over the throttle body assembly! :?

I lifted the engine cover and saw the breather section of the rocker cover also oily. I must assue that there is a blockage so priced a new one from Citroen.....

:rofl2: HOW MUCH?? :rofl2:

Sorry, no! I am NOT paying £150 when I can use the part number and find the OEM part online for £35:61 :roll:

Anyway, seeing the throtte body is also minging, I must assume there is a weak point on these?! The hoses are in excellent codition, although I replaced one a while back so exected the other one to have gone, but no! It's fine.

The question is, should I be looking at a new plastic assembly or is it likely just one certain "O" ring or seal? I haven't tackled the job yet. I just gave her my Lingo to trundle to work.

As an aside, I thought my Lingo was nippy. But compared to hers, it's a bleedin Sinclair C5 :-D I positively giggled as I floored her car during my road test last night. QUICK!! It's fabulously quick and on the original turbo 8-) She got it around 2013 with 64k, it's now got 91k and has had 10 oil & filter changes in that time (anually covers around 4k). Should I have done more frequent oil changes :lol:
Has anyone seen the plot? :?
Doo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2000 Range Rover V8 4.0
2004 Jaguar XK8 4.2
2007 Citroen C4 1.6hdi SX
2012 Berlingo Multispace e-hdi XTR (nice drive :-)
2016 Suzuki Burgman AN650 Executive
I miss my Renault 5 Gordini Turbo....

Re: C4 Throttle Body

Post by Doo »

Well, good news! :)

I got my pressure washer out, after having cleaned the oily bits with paraffin, used the low pressure setting at 90 deg C to soap her up, then washed off all the oil.

Thennnnn.... I "finally" got around to programming the gearbox ( de press, re press, bleed, programme, etc) long test drive to allow it to re-learn clutch bite points, etc and back home. Popped the bonnet and saw exactly where the main weep is coming from on the throttle body 8-)

Assuming the little sensor is a MAP sensor (boost pressure sensor), it's oozing out of there. I've ordered a new PCV so I assume I must find a new seal or possibly just put up with a small weep to be cleaned each week once the PCV has been replaced and the pressure has dropped to normal levels! :?

Whatever, I'll deal with it.

While I was at the programming stint, I also "finally" programmed my new key fob. Now as an added bonus, both fob keys close the windows immediately upon pressing "lock" which is great :) Used to have to press & hold. Whatever, I like it. Our 2007 Four is now a 2207 space car :-D
Has anyone seen the plot? :?