1.6 THP P0336 No starter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: 1.6 THP P0336 No starter

Post by xantia_v6 »

For full access to the timing teeth, you need to remove the gearbox. It may (with skill and some fabricated tools) be possible to straighten them though the aperture you have photographed, but either way it looks to be a significant task.

Are there any marks on the teeth to give a clue as to how they got bent? Perhaps something has come loose and is rattling around in the bellhousing?
utdminiman
My Cars: Citroen DS3 2011 1.6 THP 156 DSport

Post by utdminiman »

Did manage to bend one back slightly but no further unfortunately.

Don't think I have the tools or skills to get the gearbox off, especially at the side of the road (annoyingly parked the car with the pavement on that side).

Couldn't see anything or think of something that might have done the damage. Was hard to see since it was very tight down there. Will try get the borescope in there to see if I can see anything. Thanks for your help!
utdminiman

Post by utdminiman »

Bit of an overdue update:

They've had it at the garage for a while given a look over and said the crankshaft sensor seems good now replaced.

There's low compression on 3 & 4 so they think the timing has jumped and want to take the head off for a once over, do timing chain, water pump and a general deep look after the engine with a fluid flush (oil & coolant), spark plugs etc.

Probably skip on the spark plugs since I did those over the summer so imagine they should be fine with only 2k miles on!

Should be getting it quoted up this evening or tomorrow morning so hopefully will assess the damage then. Timing strikes again with a THP engine quelle surprise!
utdminiman

Post by utdminiman »

Final update, have the car back now after 5 months. Has new timing, new clutch, new reluctor wheel and new thermostat and now I'm skint but it's nice to have the car back. Thanks for all your help :)