ds3 won't rev much above 2-3k revs - fault codes

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

peter789456
My Cars: citroen ds3 1.6 hdi

ds3 won't rev much above 2-3k revs - fault codes

Post by peter789456 »

hi,
my wife has a ds3 1.6 diesel. the car drives fine but won't rev over a certain amount (so mainly this is an issue for overtaking) on the computer screen it keeps flashing up with something to do with fault , take it to a garage . she has to just click the screen every time to dismiss it. we had a local garage plug it in and ran diagnostics on it. The mechanic was unsure. The service light on the dash is also illiminated. Could the computer be at fault or is one of these codes causing it. The picture attached is the faults. There is also sometimes an issue where we fill the car with ad blue and sometimes it still thinks it requires some more ad blue, but not sure if this is related? any help is much appreciated.
Attachments
ds3 ecu.jpg
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: ds3 won't rev much above 2-3k revs - fault codes

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

While I cannot offer any useful advice, might I suggest you type the vehicle VIN here? This will allow Forum staff (I am NOT Forum staff) to get more detailed information on your vehicle (provided the relevant manufacturer has granted the Forum staff access to their data). The Forum software will, for security reasons, obscure it so only Forum staff can read it (like this; VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] ). Please do not put any spaces in the VIN, or post up any photographs of it, as the software will not recognise and protect it.

I would say that the top three codes do look rather 'interesting'.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Not sure any of those codes would result in limp mode, might need to re-scan it with an alternative tool! Does the light come on when you accelerate? It could be the fuel filter if it's not been changed, although these have a low pressure pump, so not that likely.

The ad blue thing might be the harbinger of something expensive unfortunately...the early ones have trouble with the adblue leaking into the electronics and wrecking them, trouble is it's only available as a complete unit with the tank costing about a grand!
Richard W
peter789456

Post by peter789456 »

The VIN number is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
peter789456

Post by peter789456 »

its fairly random to be honnest - you can be driving then 10 minutes into your journey the notice on the computer comes on and so the the service light on the dashboard.

Someone recently suggested the DPF, what do you think? could be worth getting the fuel filter replaced then?

thank you