Blind Spots

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Blind Spots

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

I always thought the biggest blind spot on the Nissan Leaf was the A pillar and the wing mirror passenger side. Can blot out a fair bit of the road at junctions.

Today I had a very narrow escape where I discovered that the combination of the passenger/the B pillar and the headrest blotted out 50 metres of road, in which an approaching car was hidden.

I am very used to country roads and have emerged from that same junction many times. The road to join approaches at a sharp angle to the left where you are looking to the rear through the rear side window mostly but also a bit through the front side window for approaching traffic. Everything was clear except for an approaching car hidden by the passenger one side of the B pillar and the headrest the other with the B pillar in between.

Just a combination of angles, a low traffic country road, and an approaching vehicle hidden in the blind spot.

Luckily a bit of verbal intervention allowed it to be no more serious than a cautionary tale.
blind spots..a near thing.
blind spots..a near thing.
REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Re: Blind Spots

Post by Gibbo2286 »

There are a few spots like that around here Neil, you can stretch your neck and see to the next bend and it's mostly ok then you encounter Mr 100 mph and he's up your ass blowing his horn and waving his fist before you clear the junction.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Re: Blind Spots

Post by mickthemaverick »

I used to have a blind spot along the bottom of my rear window, but since I sold the C5 it has gone away!! (I left it on for the new owner in the hope that he might sign up and join us!! :-D )
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!