C5 Tourer tailgate stopping during close

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

NatanTorres
My Cars: Citroen C5 Tourer / Citroen C3 1

C5 Tourer tailgate stopping during close

Post by NatanTorres »

Hello dear friends. I checked here on the forum, but I didn't find anything like that. I have a 2009 C5 Tourer and when closing the boot the speed fluctuates quickly, slowly, quickly, slowly, in the middle of the closing process it stops and the sound of two beeps later. I disassembled the cover and internally everything is perfect as it should be. The strangest thing is that without the cover it closes normally without oscillation. there when I assemble the finishing cover the problem comes back and it shakes and hears the sound of two beeps. I used Lexia and there was no fault code

#-o
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C5 Tourer tailgate stopping during close

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi

Sounds like the system is detecting an object:

Obstacle detection
The motorised tailgate ECU measures the speed of movement of the tailgate by means of the potentiometer incorporated in the motorised tailgate mechanism. It regulates the speed of movement of the motorised tailgate by adjusting the voltage at the terminals of the motor via an OCR command.

Detection of an obstacle when opening
If the motorised tailgate ECU detects a diminution of the opening speed (indirect detection of an obstacle), the action is stopped and the tailgate recloses by about 5 degrees.

If during this closing movement of 5 degrees, the motorised tailgate ECU again detects an obstacle, the motorised tailgate is stopped without reversal of the movement and then goes into declutched manual mode (The motorised tailgate ECU emits 2 beeps to indicate the declutching).

Detection of an obstacle when closing
If the motorised tailgate ECU detects a diminution of the closing speed (indirect detection of an obstacle) or an obstacle compressing the sensitive seal (direct detection of an obstacle), the action is stopped and the tailgate reopens by about 15 degrees.

If during this opening movement of 15 degrees, the motorised tailgate ECU again detects an obstacle, the motorised tailgate is stopped without reversal of the movement and then goes into declutched manual mode (The motorised tailgate ECU emits 2 beeps to indicate the declutching).
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
NatanTorres

Post by NatanTorres »

Thanks for the information. For your information who is stopping the closing of the rear door is the potentiometer. because there is a noticeable oscillation in speed. I'm suspicious that it has anything to do with the cover. because when I removed it to inspect the motor and the wiring of the cables, the tailgate closed perfectly several times with the cover disassembled. I will check again as fixings for missing screws or clips. Return with new information
NatanTorres

Post by NatanTorres »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 14 May 2021, 18:15 Hi

Sounds like the system is detecting an object:

Obstacle detection
The motorised tailgate ECU measures the speed of movement of the tailgate by means of the potentiometer incorporated in the motorised tailgate mechanism. It regulates the speed of movement of the motorised tailgate by adjusting the voltage at the terminals of the motor via an OCR command.

Detection of an obstacle when opening
If the motorised tailgate ECU detects a diminution of the opening speed (indirect detection of an obstacle), the action is stopped and the tailgate recloses by about 5 degrees.

If during this closing movement of 5 degrees, the motorised tailgate ECU again detects an obstacle, the motorised tailgate is stopped without reversal of the movement and then goes into declutched manual mode (The motorised tailgate ECU emits 2 beeps to indicate the declutching).

Detection of an obstacle when closing
If the motorised tailgate ECU detects a diminution of the closing speed (indirect detection of an obstacle) or an obstacle compressing the sensitive seal (direct detection of an obstacle), the action is stopped and the tailgate reopens by about 15 degrees.

If during this opening movement of 15 degrees, the motorised tailgate ECU again detects an obstacle, the motorised tailgate is stopped without reversal of the movement and then goes into declutched manual mode (The motorised tailgate ECU emits 2 beeps to indicate the declutching).
Solved. Thanks for the tip. I carried out the learning process again and returned to working normally. but I also see that the battery is not the best. I will provide a new