Peugeot 3008 Hybrid (2012) unclear error

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

j07129120
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 hybrid 2012

Peugeot 3008 Hybrid (2012) unclear error

Post by j07129120 »

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well under this extraordinary situation.
There is an annoying unsolved issue with my Peugeot 3008 Hybird (2012) for almost 2 year.
The symptom comes as follows: "Sometimes" an error message pops out when the car is just ignited or when the car is driven under a slow speed. Stopping the car right away and re-igniting won't remove this error. The translation of the error msg is something like "motor failure: stop the car urgently" as attached. (I bought this car from a friend in Germany).
My observation: When the error shows up, the driving power from the engine doesn't work anymore, and therefore the only source to drive the car became only the hybrid battery, and generally the car can't accelerate above 50 km/h. After driving for around 1-2 km flat road , the battery will run out of capacity. At this point if I switched off the car and re-ignite it, the error message will disappear and suddenly everything became just fine. The car can work just perfectly for the remaining of the day.
So far, I've visited 3 garages from the original Peugeot dealer and 2 private garages. Had many parts replaced but this issue still exists like a nightmare.
Now I am arranging another visit to the garage but I am feeling nothing but frustrated...
Have any of you met the similar issue with your car before? Do you have any suggestion I should ask the garage to inspect first?
I am not a native speaker and apologize if my word is unclear.

Best wishes, Tsung-Wei
Attachments
CJOY2397.JPG
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Peugeot 3008 Hybrid (2012) unclear error

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The translation is "engine fault have the vehicle repaired".

We can't really help without any fault codes - and if you have already taken it to Peugeot, I suggest you take it back to them. The speed limitation will be because the engine ECU has limited the power because of a certain fault / condition. Without knowing the actual fault then you will be changing parts needlessly as you have found out. If you have paid a dealer to diagnose the issue, then they should be able to tell you what is wrong with it.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4, Fiat Ducato, Morris Mini.
plus notable cars I have owned :- Studebaker 1921, Daimler Consorts, Mercedes 220 Pontoon, Simca 1301, Austin Metropolitan, lots and lots of Minis, both steel and fibreglass bodied, Fiat 500F, Citroen GSA's, Skoda Estelle 120 Rally replica, DKW 1000S, Triumph Herald Estate, Warwick GT (very briefly)

Post by Dormouse »

When the "Engine Repair" warning light comes on is it only Amber (yellow) or go Red? Have any other amber warning lights come on either on their own or with the Engine warning? Your picture shows Amber but has it ever gone Red.
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4, Fiat Ducato, Morris Mini.
plus notable cars I have owned :- Studebaker 1921, Daimler Consorts, Mercedes 220 Pontoon, Simca 1301, Austin Metropolitan, lots and lots of Minis, both steel and fibreglass bodied, Fiat 500F, Citroen GSA's, Skoda Estelle 120 Rally replica, DKW 1000S, Triumph Herald Estate, Warwick GT (very briefly)

Post by Dormouse »

Marc is right -= you need the fault report from your Peugeot dealer. If they say it is not available that is not true. Their test machine generates and stores "Reports" for all test sessions and can be printed out at the press of a button. Don't get fobbed off or charged extra.