Throttle will not program/adapt, no plate movement - 207

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Eniallan
My Cars: Peugeot 207

Throttle will not program/adapt, no plate movement - 207

Post by Eniallan »

Peugeot 207, 1.6, NFU. Good ECU and throttle body.
The major issue is that the throttle plate does not move. It does not even appear to get a signal to move, but it does however on a Citroën ECU, a bit of information below that I've gone through.

I have had it wired in two ways, one produces one throttle programming fault, P1153, while having it wired according to the diagrams, P0121, P1157, P0122 coherence faults and an additional P3014, throttle stop programming fault appear.
  • With the first setup of wiring, Diagbox correctly recognizes the throttle position and voltage when moved by hand and recognizes the pedal position (throttle butterfly condition, when running), but seems unable to control the motor as the actuator test does briefly move the valve a fraction, not fully, but reports no fault. This has only P1153. The Engine remains unable to rev above 2000 and will stall if not kept up with the accelerator. Moving the valve by hand when running, will get it idling fine.
  • Wired to the diagrams, diagbox shows the throttle as open at 91° and 5v on throttle voltage with no changes when moved by hand.
This just leaves the throttle plate not moving, as it seems the wiring can't be any other way, which is odd as it matches the ME744, I'm using a ME745 for the 207.
I've measured the voltages at the throttle, its 3.4v in and out on the motor positive and ground.
Pressing the accelerator pedal, no voltage changes to the throttle.
Performing an actuator test on the throttle, it flicks it briefly open, the voltage drops to 0v on both + and - when this occurs, before back to 3.4v.
ECU has been tested, same situation with an IMMO-off one, before I zapped it.

A Citroën ecu that was meant for another car, operates the plate with ignition on and pressing the accelerator pedal. Unfortunately it's not useable.

Do the voltages read wrong at all, or any ideas at all.
Would anyone know a source where I can actually get voltages certain things use, positives etc?
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Throttle will not program/adapt, no plate movement - 207

Post by wheeler »

Im a bit confused when you are talking about the throttle being ‘wired in’, have you done an engine swap/conversion or something?
Eniallan
My Cars: Peugeot 207

Post by Eniallan »

Yeah, I forgot to put that in, gone from 1.4 to 1.6 NFU.

I have, hopefully, come to the final conclusion that the ECU I am using is solely at fault, but not strictly physically damaged. Since the Citroën one does move the throttle plate but the Peugeot one does not, but it does recognise the pedal only with the engine running.
The Citroën one has different software versions to the Peugeot one which seems older, but not sure if that should make any difference. Unfortunately I need to either update Lexia firmware or diagbox as at the moment it has a hard recognising the ECU and can not do measurements or open up configuration.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's key information you didn't mention before - Engine ECUs are very specific to the engines fitted and electrical systems - you need the correct one for the correct engine.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc