Stellantis

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: Stellantis

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Stellantis may just be getting their act together.

Here is a headline to misread....but its absolutely true

Stellantis & LG ES to build battery factory in Windsor

Stellantis to invest billions to manufacture electric vehicles and to expand its Automotive Research and Development Centre

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

As I pick out bits of news from time to time on this thread, on reading it back I appear to have become much more positive towards Stellantis, as Stellantis have become more positive themselves. After all in reality they are now the backbone of Britain's Automotive Manufacturing industry.

Another positive story from Inside Evs
Carlos Tavares CEO of Stellantis, with a difficult job on his plate appears to be making progress, and keeping the whole shebang profitable at the same time.

Meanwhile over at VW they pulled the rug out from CEO Herbert Deiss who dared to tell the workforce and the company straight that they needed to increase productivity at their factories to compete with gigaberlin on their doorstep, who was subsequently marginalised then shown the door.

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Sloppysod
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroens
1 x GS, 1 x GSX (Banger raced), 1 x GSA,
2 x CX Famililles, 1 x CX GTI,
BX, XM, Xantia, C5 Mk1,
C4 (Coupe), C4 (B7),
C5 (X7) - RIP April 2024

Renault
R4 Van
Fuego
Clio Campas

Post by Sloppysod »

Not sure if your radar has picked this up Neil, but it was on the BBC world news this morning. They had a C4-X of in shot when telling the story.https://www.autonews.com/china/why-stel ... na-factory
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Major interventions
C5 Steering rack @ 58,000 mi
4 discs & Pads @ 63,585 mi
2 (AM6) oil exchanges @ 58,876 & 72,378 mi
NewcastleFalcon

Sloppysod wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 20:57 Not sure if your radar has picked this up Neil, but it was on the BBC world news this morning. They had a C4-X of in shot when telling the story.https://www.autonews.com/china/why-stel ... na-factory
Thanks Stu, not read about that one, but a reasonable move. Stellantis have agreed a share repurchase framework with Dongfeng as of July 2022, and are looking to extricate themselves from the joint venture, Dongfeng-Peugeot Citroen. I would say another example of them being switched on.

https://www.stellantis.com/en/news/pres ... -framework

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Another positive Stellantis story. Onwards and Upwards Carlos!

Stellantis Overtakes Tesla In Europe EV Sales, Targets Top Spot
Stellantis sold 105,413 BEVs in H1 2022 in Europe, compared to Tesla's 78,277; still, the Model Y was the best-selling EV with 39,969
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I saw a new TV advert last night, a name new to me, the small print at the bottom listed the PSA range of cars. Can't think of the advertiser's name Doh!
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

If it was the one advertising second hand PSA cars nationally, then it's a PSA/Stellantis owned company set up a couple of years ago to market used cars from their garages. A sort of Cazoo/Cinch for mainly PSA/Stellantis cars.
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
NewcastleFalcon

It's one of those corporate videos voiced over by an American and everything is great!

Bit out of date now, June 2022 but it does give a couple of minutes of what Stellantis are about. They crop up regularly on the Electric Vehicles What's available? thread with new models across their 14 Marques, and on variety offered both in fuel cell and BEV they are well ahead of the field.

Credit where credit is due, right now, they appear switched on and doing a decent job.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Big day for Stellantis Brand Citroen

CITROËN INTRODUCES NEW BRAND IDENTITY AND LOGO

I wonder what it is like :?:

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

I quite like the current slightly "melted" Citroen logo. That new one look "meh" to me.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
NewcastleFalcon

In the Stellantis corner of Car News, this Citroen concept is more than just an odd looking vehicle for the sake of it.

It's has already had a name check and post from Stu (Sloppysod) on the French Concept Cars thread. It is an important statement from Sellantis' Citroen wing, Citroen being Citroen again, and a very interesting direction of travel.

The Stellantis press release on it is long, and cringey maybe their marketing speak is over the top or gets lost in translation.

The video is more watchable, there are a few around, this is from the horse's mouth. Like most concepts a car matching the Oli concept is unlikely to reach production in that form. Highly likely though that the materials and thinking behind it will. Yes, go for it Stellantis, and Citroen, not too difficult to buy into their aims.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Well, no-one can say it is pretty but if the claims are valid then it is interesting.
Shame the video was so many short and turbulent clips. Someone like Dave 'Letshaveathink' would present the facts in a more digestible format.
At least it isn't American.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The Papier Mâché car is on its way :No:

I've already seen how the future CarPlay will integrate into the dashboard instrument displays, so almost everything is run via CarPlay including the vehicle systems and infotainment - so this of course means you have to be heavily vested into the Apple Eco bubble. They've already got law suits on their hands for trying to kid everybody that they don't provide chargers to save the planet, but their not kidding anyone, just saving money without reducing the price and and still selling more chargers than ever! I think they have been banned in Brazil from selling their latest phones until they provide a charger as it's it means that one is required to purchase another bit of hardware to make the phone work in essence. Wrong on so many levels.

With the tighter integration of systems from the manufacturer they will have more control over 'our' vehicles having the ability to switch features on and off over the air at will.

This has already happened now with Porche's electric vehicle. The owner had the 'comfort door' feature (basically hands free access), took the car in for an issue and software update and came out with the feature deactivated. They told him he never paid for it in the first place so they disabled it!

Tesla already do this with some features which you pay for and activate via the App. Very scary having this control taken away from you. It's wrong on so many levels. Also like software subscription - I loathe it and won't use anything like this for as long as I can. I like to pay for something and use it when I want & however I want without restriction or having features added or removed with no say in the matter.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 20:13
It's wrong on so many levels. Also like software subscription - I loathe it and won't use anything like this for as long as I can. I like to pay for something and use it when I want & however I want without restriction or having features added or removed with no say in the matter.
I'm with you all the way on that line of thought Marc. It is the major reason that I will not be buying an EV as they are developing at the moment. If I am forced to relinquish petrol at some point I will be going down the previously considered route of converting the MX3 with my own battery and control design system. :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
NewcastleFalcon

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 07 Jan 2022, 15:23
Amazon to support development of new Stellantis infotainment system
Stellantis has partnered with Amazon to jointly-develop its next-generation of in-car infotainment systems, to be used across its 14 brands. It’s part of the car maker’s strategy to generate more than £17m in revenue from new digital services by 2030.
"STLA Smart Cockpit" (Stellantis tagline not mine!) is on its way.
In old news ^^^^^^ (January this year!). Stellantis in league with Amazon. Wonder if the Citroen Brand has had a change of heart in the Oli Concept. Just stuff your phone in the dock, and that's the infotainment system sorted! Amazon/Google/Apple take your pick! Pretty much all the same.
GiveMeABreak wrote: 07 Jan 2022, 15:25 As long as we get CarPlay and don't have to convert to poxy Alexa / Lexi or whatever it is. :roll:
GiveMeABreak wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 20:13 I've already seen how the future CarPlay will integrate into the dashboard instrument displays, so almost everything is run via CarPlay including the vehicle systems and infotainment - so this of course means you have to be heavily vested into the Apple Eco bubble. .
The infotainment aspect has no interest for me, don't own a smartphone, don't intend to have one, can happily do without the infotainment on a car journey, the radio is quite enough for me! I am more than happy with my electric experience, no over the air updates/subscriptions or anything, no rubbish infotainment from Nissan, no connection to big brother tracking driving behaviour/or my journeys, just put electricity in and go! I too have no desire for the connectivity coming as standard in the new vehicles coming and currently on the market.

I like the rather obvious thinking with the Oli, that cars need to be more energy efficient, lighter, more aerodynamic and the challenge of looking at new materials and components which are recyclable, and for me anyway they don't have to go from 0-60 in under 3 seconds and have a top speed much over 70mph. If they truly crack, and market the "cheaper" bit as a result all well and good.

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey