New and Mapless.

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mlaingold
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 2018
DS7 Crossback Grand Chic Opera

New and Mapless.

Post by mlaingold »

Hi to all.

I just bought the DS7 Crossback, and it came with outdated maps and nav version.
I've updated the system, but also deleted my maps.
I'm from Israel and MyDS lets me download European maps, but can't download maps of Israel.
DS are not answering me on any media, my local dealer is useless.
Maybe someone knows where to find my maps?

Thanks!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: New and Mapless.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The only maps available will be from the DS site:

This is the european link for maps - I'm not sure what will happen if you try and put your VIN in - it may provide links or not.
https://www.dsautomobiles.co.uk/service ... ap-updates

As you probably know there is a DS7 site in Israel (although not as comprehensive), but I couldn't find anything (even in Hebrew) when searching there for navigation.
https://www.dsautomobiles.co.il/

So maybe try the European site to see if it has anything or provides any links for other sites. I know that the software systems are different based on the different countries for some.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
mlaingold

Post by mlaingold »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 21 Oct 2020, 16:16 The only maps available will be from the DS site:

This is the european link for maps - I'm not sure what will happen if you try and put your VIN in - it may provide links or not.
https://www.dsautomobiles.co.uk/service ... ap-updates

As you probably know there is a DS7 site in Israel (although not as comprehensive), but I couldn't find anything (even in Hebrew) when searching there for navigation.
https://www.dsautomobiles.co.il/

So maybe try the European site to see if it has anything or provides any links for other sites. I know that the software systems are different based on the different countries for some.
Our website is just for show.
The UK site, and MyDS app only lead me to EU maps.
Thanks anyway.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Presumably this is the same TomTom system used across the PSA range? I did a bit of digging recently as I want to upgrade the maps in our C4 Picasso - and despite the version in there being 4 from early 2017, Citroen suggests there is no update available! Far be it for me to recommend a competitor forum, but....there is some good info over at the Peugeot forums with a link to a site where you can download the latest maps: https://www.peugeotforums.com/threads/3 ... es.334162/ if you follow the link and click on the excel file you will see that v18 apparently contains the Israel maps (ISR). There are instructions over there about how to do the upgrade - you need a 16Gb stick, and format it in a certain way for it to work. I need to order a stick so I can do ours.
Richard W
mlaingold

Post by mlaingold »

RichardW wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 07:47 Presumably this is the same TomTom system used across the PSA range? I did a bit of digging recently as I want to upgrade the maps in our C4 Picasso - and despite the version in there being 4 from early 2017, Citroen suggests there is no update available! Far be it for me to recommend a competitor forum, but....there is some good info over at the Peugeot forums with a link to a site where you can download the latest maps: https://www.peugeotforums.com/threads/3 ... es.334162/ if you follow the link and click on the excel file you will see that v18 apparently contains the Israel maps (ISR). There are instructions over there about how to do the upgrade - you need a 16Gb stick, and format it in a certain way for it to work. I need to order a stick so I can do ours.
Alas, I need the WAVE3 update, and it's nowhere to be found. Tried the Wave2, but it wont work.

Anyway, thank you for the effort.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, there are currently 3 'Wave' types for PSA vehicles depending on year / model. These must be the correct 'wave' version of both the system firmware and also the mapping software. So you will find that there are not always the same software or map versions available across all models at the same time. You should get a compatibility warning if you try and install the wrong one or at worse might brick the unit.

I suggest in your case, contact your dealer and insist that you are provided with the correct website to obtain the updates for your country - it's part of the agreement for owners to have free map updates (up to 4 per year I believe).
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
mlaingold

Post by mlaingold »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 26 Oct 2020, 08:51 Yes, there are currently 3 'Wave' types for PSA vehicles depending on year / model. These must be the correct 'wave' version of both the system firmware and also the mapping software. So you will find that there are not always the same software or map versions available across all models at the same time. You should get a compatibility warning if you try and install the wrong one or at worse might brick the unit.

I suggest in your case, contact your dealer and insist that you are provided with the correct website to obtain the updates for your country - it's part of the agreement for owners to have free map updates (up to 4 per year I believe).
The dealer keeps feeding me with PSA servers are not working. For three weeks now I have no luck. I've tried to update Wave2 maps, but it keeps saying that error have occurred and it's unable to update the maps, that's all. I need Wave3 or 4 maps. Only thing that I find are maps of Europe.