205 dieselfuel filter pot XUD 7

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

makemine205
My Cars: 205 diesel

Re: 205 dieselfuel filter pot XUD 7

Post by makemine205 »

Yes its no problem with diesel .
Can i ask , i need to remove the plug in wire assy at the back of the fuel bowl at the bottom, i think it is the heater pin , its screwed in and has a chunky connector , how is the sealed connector released from the bowl, it looks like it has a kind of clip lock holdin the connector in ???.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

makemine205 wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 15:28 Can i ask , i need to remove the plug in wire assy at the back of the fuel bowl at the bottom, i think it is the heater pin , its screwed in and has a chunky connector , how is the sealed connector released from the bowl, it looks like it has a kind of clip lock holdin the connector in ???.
That's the connector to the device that detects if there is water in the bottom of the filter housing. All diesel contains a small percentage of water and this collects in the bottom of the filter housing...

It's not very reliable and often raises false alarms... Often they are disconnected to stop the warning light illuminating and causing an annoyance..

To release the plug, depress the wire clip visible on one long side of the connector and pull it off whilst keeping the clip depressed...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
makemine205

Post by makemine205 »

AHHH , very sneaky, i fiddled with it for ages and couldnt work out how to seperate it , many thanks.
Pot is off now and cleaning is ongoing .
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

makemine205 wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 18:22 Pot is off now and cleaning is ongoing .
Magic :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
makemine205

Post by makemine205 »

All cleaned and fixed , runs and accelerates without any hesitation . I used a second hand pot with the original thermostat assay with new o ring at the finger circlip end, there are subtle differences with that and underneath with the scroll pattern . Probably from a Mk1 205.
Other problem was the hose had developed a very small air / fuel leak on the outlet that feeds the Lucas pump, chopped a piece off and OK.
But its still leaking at that base of the thermostat assy with the finger circlip, so thinking of junking the peugeot fuel filter for a simple in line one, just got to find one with a large enough capacity.