THP Engine - Hard start and "Temporary fault Controlled thermostat command consistency or open circuit"

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lancia58
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Xantia 2.0 16V Automatic make year 2000 LHD
Citroen C4 THP Automatic make year 2009 LHD
Citroen C4 VTS 2.0 16V make year 2006 LHD

THP Engine - Hard start and "Temporary fault Controlled thermostat command consistency or open circuit"

Post by lancia58 »

Hi

I have the error code P0597 "Controlled thermostat command consistency or open circuit ". I lately have difficulty in turn on the engine after overnight. It will start after around 4 seconds of starter revolving. Idle will be rough for couple of seconds. Then if I engage the gear to "D" ( Automatic gear ) and the AC is on the car is shaking ( idle is very rough ), idle becomes smooth again when turning off the AC. When the car is driven the engine runs fine regardless if the AC is on or off, but when stopping and in idle if the AC is on the idle is very rough. I also noticed that at the morning ( after overnight ) after turning the car on and start to drive it feels like there is a lack of power , after 10 to 40 meters suddenly the turbo is "waking up" and the car drives fine. If after overnight I turn the engine on and let it warm up there isn't any lack of power and it drives fine right from the beginning.
Xantia 2.0 16V Automatic make year 2000 LHD
Citroen C4 THP Automatic make year 2009 LHD
Citroen C4 VTS 2.0 16V make year 2006 LHD