Mk 2 Scenic fuel display readout iffy

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rob78
My Cars: in order of the pain they cause me......

2005 Berlingo Multispace 1.9D
2005 Honda CRV (stopgap until berlingo is sorted)
2009 Toyota Avensis

Mk 2 Scenic fuel display readout iffy

Post by rob78 »

bonjour!

ive just picked up a 2006 megane grand scenic 1.9 dci cheap as chips as the previous owner thought it was dead due to a duff dashboard display, turns out the one they picked up and fitted was as dead as the original.

having aquired a working dashboard everything seems hunky dory except for the fuel level which is flashing on minimum and the range which does not populate either, just four flashing bars. I've done a BSI reset which sorted the windows out as they would only go up in stages as the previous owner had the battery off to rechange it.

what i was wondering is if there is some sort of dashboard reset procedure that ive missed that i need to do to calibrate the fuel level from the sender to the display as ive just stuck half a tanks worth in and the level is still flashing minimum.

ive pulled the back seats out and checked the plug to the sender which is clean and fitted snug and i also have resistance accross pins so i would hazard a guess the fault isnt with the sender?

on a side note, the sender was working fine until the dashboard went oopsy daisy according to the previous owner.