Citroen Relay 2.2 2004 dip beam and dash light problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bnd
My Cars: Various types

Citroen Relay 2.2 2004 dip beam and dash light problem

Post by bnd »

I have exactly the same problem as mentioned in the link below. Does anyone know the location of the multi switch known as A193 on this van.

NB THE LINK IS NOW BROKEN. APOLIGIES .PLRASE READ BELOW

https://www.justanswer.com/uk-car/7i6tu ... ights.html

The above link was from a website named just answer. The chap seeking help had exactly the same problem as myself. No dipped beam and no dash board lights. I have had problems locating the low beam relay. All fuses are perfect. The link showed replies from an advisor who was helpful to a point. It was the only help I found outside of the French car forum. I still haven't got to the bottom of this but thanks to a member on here (wheeler) I have got the a193 location. I will come back to this post if I get this fault fixed.

PS high beam works along with all the side lights and the control stalk for the lights has been tested and is working 100% The fog lights dont work though.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Last edited by bnd on 01 May 2020, 17:27, edited 5 times in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Citroen Relay 2.2 2004 dip beam and dash light problem

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The linked diagrams aren't Citroen wiring diagrams, nor are the wiring or component codes, so I can't help you with that as there is no such designation. In addition that Autodata diagram is also not relevant to the model for which the VIN was supplied, as the diagrams reference an XU10J2U engine and the one in the VIN is a DW12UTED!

If you try explaining here what the problem is and what you have done so far along with your specific VIN, I may be able to get you the correct diagram.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
bnd

Post by bnd »

Thank you for the post. The "link" supplied by myself is to a site were a relay owner was describing exactly the symptoms/problems I am experiencing. This link was posted for two reason, 1 to save me writing the same drtails. 2. To find out the physical location of the a193 multi switch on the van

Thank you for the offer of the wiring diagrams. I never use them as the auto spark in the link I provided states citroen do not provide wire insulation colour codes, they use numbers. I use a audible tracer kit to trace the wires.

The frustration for myself in the link I provided is that the auto spark stated that in his opinion it was this multi switch unit (a193) was faulty but did not continue to state in the link where it was located and left the guy hanging. He even asked about the location of the a193 and never got a reply 8-[

Unfortunately there is no information in the "link" provided to contact the van owner to find out if he found the unit, was that the problem, did he get the fault fixed and share any info/help with the owner.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

A193 is the central switch panel that contains the hazard & foglamp switches.
Attachments
dash-trim-kit-citroen-relay-i-02-06.jpg
bnd

Post by bnd »

Thank you so much for this wheeler
Last edited by bnd on 01 May 2020, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
bnd

Post by bnd »

I have got the "a193" unit out. On taking it apart I have found that the fog light switch is faulty. This unit also incorporates the control over the main beam and oil level diplay on the dash amongst other things. Not only is the switch for the fog light faulty but the circuitry is faulty. If you think about it, the fog light circuitry has to be in line with the dipped beam as when the fog lights are on and you switch to high beam the fog lights go off. There could be a link. Anyway, this circuitry seems to be involved/controlling a lot of things. I have ordered a new one and if it fixes the problem I will come back to the forum. Just a point. If you look at the identity stickers closely on the back of the unit it refers to the unit as A131 not a193 as stated by the advisor on just answer?.
Attachments
20200501_111012.jpg
20200501_110954.jpg
20200501_110831.jpg
Last edited by bnd on 01 May 2020, 17:31, edited 2 times in total.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

bnd wrote: 01 May 2020, 11:21 Just a point. If you look at the idennty stickers closely on the back of the unit it referes to the unit as A131 not a193 as stated by the advisor on just answer?.
I think that's just a complete coincidence that the numbers are similar, A193 is the component code allocated by Autodata. They are pretty standardised codes across all makes & models on Autodata.
bnd

Post by bnd »

Thank you wheeler. It's always good to know these things. Any information regarding this subject is deeply Appreciated
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Just for reference the Citroen component code is BCM0
bnd

Post by bnd »

👍
bnd

Post by bnd »

Just in case some here is experiencing the same problems, further to my investigations the following infirmation may help....

I have found out that on these 2002 -2006 Citroen relay, Peugeot boxer and Fiat Ducato vans that an earth is supplied from the indicator/lights switch to an electronic module known as the a193 unit (see above photos). This unit in turn should supply a earth connection to relay T02 located in the relay/fuse box under the bonnet.This module also switches earths for the main beam lamps and the rear fog lights. Hope this helps someone.
bnd

Post by bnd »

Hi to all that has been following this thread.

I can confirm I have purchased a second hand a193 unit and fitted it. Everything is now working fine. A big Thank you to everyone who participated and I hope that our conversations advise and experience will help someone out there with the same problems.

Take care, drive safe
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Well done, thanks for updating us.
P.S. Only Autodata refer to it as A193. The official Citroen diagrams refer to it as BCM0 or multifunction switch block.
bnd

Post by bnd »

Thank you so much wheeler. 👍