DS 5 in car infotainement / connectivity software

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gilloo
My Cars: Peugeot 307CC T6
2016 DS5

DS 5 in car infotainement / connectivity software

Post by Gilloo »

Hi guys
I have a DS5 2016 and I was wondering if anyone on here would know about the different systems or software loaded in the car.
According to the online user manual and the manual that I have in the car, it appear to be 2 different soft-wears fitted in the car.

The first is called: 7-inch touch screen tablet GPS satellite navigation - Multimedia audio - Bluetooth ® telephone (which I believe it is the one I have fetted on my car)

The second one is called: DS Connect Nav GPS satellite navigation - Connectivity - Multimedia audio - Bluetooth ® telephone (which is the one I would like in the car)

Does anyone know if it is possible to have the software upgraded on the car ?
My thinking is it is a computer software and I can not see why it could not be loaded in the car system....
I have asked Citroen Australia but unfortunately they dont seems to know much about the car or even if it is possible to buy an upgrade for the system... Yes I know.... Pathetic.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: DS 5 in car infotainement / connectivity software

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's not as simple as that!

The systems are designed for different electrical architectures, so what is designed to work with one vehicle may not be compatible with another. Although some units are optional through a model, others are not.

The last run of the DS (2015) as it was before it moved over properly to DS Automobiles has the SMEG digital system (touchscreen) as one option, but there are multiple configurations of these depending on options, country and other equipment.

The DS5 under DS has now morphed into the DS5 Crossback, which is a different vehicle and the DS connect Nav systems are not designed for the older DS5 car - they are completely different and won't fit.

If it's Apple Car Play you want, some of the later SMEG units could be updated to provide this - but again the dealer should be able to tell you if your unit can or can't. Some of the earlier SMEG units weren't compatible with this tech IIRC.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Gilloo
My Cars: Peugeot 307CC T6
2016 DS5

Post by Gilloo »

Hi Marc
Thank you for your reply, unfortunately I have sourced this kind of forum because the dealership and even Citroen Australia seems to be clueless, so I dont think I can rely on them too much also there is a very limited amount of DS5 in Australia so no body know them that well.
I have a 2016 DS5 which is a DS5 under the DS automobile brand so I believe it is the Crossback system, I was just asking if it would be possible to load the DS connect nav instead of the other software I have . ( as said on my original message)
I already have Apple Car Play (not an apple user tho).... I am just after the functions of reading phone messages form the car screen and having the the voice control as well.
Gilles
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Gilles, the DS5 is no more and there is no DS5 Crossback. Both production of the DS4 and DS5 ended in 2018 partly due to miserable sales.

DS now only do a DS3 Crossback and a DS7 Crossback (which are higher up off the ground), and a soon to be released DS9 car which looks very similar to the C5 X7!

As for the software, no - there is a different software for each system as they are completely different hardware units and attempting to load an incorrect software will either fail or brick the unit. They are not interchangeable.

Marc
dapz224
My Cars: DS5 Performance Line

Post by dapz224 »

your better off registering on the DS website and when you enter your vehicle vin number, it will tell you exactly what updates if any are available for your car.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 20 Apr 2020, 03:45...a soon to be released DS9 car which looks very similar to the C5 X7!
Hardly surprising as it's based on the Peugeot 508.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/moto ... im-audi-a4
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes but that's just the EMP platform that may be shared that covers things like the powertrain, underbody, suspension and the electronic architecture. From that they can design any body they want really, so my point was the shape and design is remarkably similar to the X7.

The EMP2 platform covers about 50% of PSA's production at present - so will cover lots of models, but that won't mean they all look the same. Having said that though, it's really sad that innovation seemingly dying and there really is little difference between the DS crossbacks and the Citroen Aircross models and whatever Peugeot are throwing in the ring.

Marc