Peugeot 207 - kicking and undrivable - please help

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

D1991
My Cars: Peugeot 207

Peugeot 207 - kicking and undrivable - please help

Post by D1991 »

In December my car out of the blue began kicking and was undriveable. Had it towed to a garage they said the thermostat was leaking and it had gotten into the ECU but it may dry off and be ok. Said they'd put a new coil pack in and it was driving fine at the moment. Took the car home, it wasn't fine at all and the kicking began pretty quickly. Took it back they had a supposed auto electrician look at it (at my cost) and got back a "the ECU is on it's way out" but no error codes at all. I got a new ECU, had the programming taken from the old one to the new and tried that. Initially it seemed like the problem was fixed but once again out the blue the car began violently kicking with little power and was no longer driveable. At one point "anti pollution fault" came up.

I'm at a loss of what I should do now. I've put a lot of money into the car, it's not worth that much so I don't want to keep putting tons in but it's in good condition. I figured someone here may know what else the problem could be. I've heard the crank shaft sensor could be it but I don't know. Any help would be really appreciated.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Peugeot 207 - kicking and undrivable - please help

Post by wheeler »

What engine do you have? If its the BMW engine it has 4 separate coils, They could fail separately.
Really you need a diagnostic check done first & let us know what fault codes you have.
D1991
My Cars: Peugeot 207

Post by D1991 »

wheeler wrote: 06 Mar 2020, 18:55 What engine do you have? If its the BMW engine it has 4 separate coils, They could fail separately.
Really you need a diagnostic check done first & let us know what fault codes you have.
It's a 1.4l engine, not sure on anything more detailed than that sadly. It's a 2008 m:play model Peugeot 207 though.

I don't know why the garage didn't give me any fault codes at any point. They scammed me pretty much. Problem is the car even in perfect condition is only worth maybe £1000 max and I'm worried about pouring more money into it. Is there anything obvious that could be causing the issue that I haven't fixed already?
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

If you past your VIN here (it will be masked from most users), we can look up exactly what you have.