Chip tuning box for 407SW 2.0HDI

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TheflyingAX
My Cars: CITROEN AX 1.0 RE

Chip tuning box for 407SW 2.0HDI

Post by TheflyingAX »

I need a help about purchase a tuning chip that plug with common rail to increase the pressure on fuel to making more efficiency and more power, because my car turbo lag is horrific between 1,600 to 2,000 rpm on the 5th and 6th gear make my motorway journey ever more difficult to pull off quickly and is too sluggish for overtaking to pass the vehicles my car is 1.6tons and is heavier than I thought!

There is a two type of chip that I am interest to buy one is that plug on common rail pressure sensor and other is plug on common rail include plug the turbo boost control that opens the boost ever bit a longer. Do you think change the boost would be in a risk of damage to my turbo bearing and etc..?
should I go for the only common rail sensor chip?
the figures for common rail output is 19bhp 25lb/ft vs common rail with turbo boost plug 24bhp 35lb/ft

Any idea if is longevity to have a chip on my car?
doctle
My Cars: 2008 Laguna 1.5 DCi

Re: Chip tuning box for 407SW 2.0HDI

Post by doctle »

Can you post a link to the chips?
Oh buggle
TheflyingAX
My Cars: CITROEN AX 1.0 RE

Post by TheflyingAX »

doctle
My Cars: 2008 Laguna 1.5 DCi

Post by doctle »

The second one is approaching the price of a remap. AFAIK these boxes fool the ECU into thinking the engine is cold and so it uses a tiny bit more fuel, A remap by someone that knows what they are doing would get better performance from the car. Either way you would have to inform your insurance company that the car had been modified.
Oh buggle