Lexia/Diagbox remote installation service needed

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

LeeP67
My Cars: 2013 Citroen Relay, 2010 Puegeot 308

Lexia/Diagbox remote installation service needed

Post by LeeP67 »

Hi guys I'm in need of someone who can remotely install the Diagbox/PP2000/Lexia software onto my laptop before I throw the whole lot in the bin!!
I'll happily pay for the service as it has now beaten me!!!
I've got a laptop with Windows XP on it using VMWare as a host.
I've installed everything and had it connected to a vehicle where it found very limited information, I was able to see and clear fault codes etc but not much else. Since then I have installed the updates from the disc (Scary01) and in my haste i forgot to connect the laptop to my network. Once I realised this I tried to install the updates again with the connection but now when I try to open Diagbox I get the following error message "This application has failed to start because VCL50.BPL was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem"

I just need someone with the knowledge of installation to sort it all out remotely if possible, like I said it's doing my head in now and I'll happily pay someone else to sort it now.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!
Lee
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Lexia/Diagbox remote installation service needed

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Lee

Some preliminary questions as no two installs are the same:

VMWare is really not recommended as you are adding another layer of hassle in trying to get it to work.
When you say you had it working and could read and clear faults but not much else - what do you mean? Either it was reading all the ECUs or it wasn't. If it wasn't reading all the ECUs, then as this is a commercial vehicle (assuming we are talking about you Relay in your profile), then that is otherwise called a Jumper III (Relay III in the UK) and will most likely need an additional module that interfaces between the VCI hardware cable and the OBD port on the vehicle. It's called an S1279 module as these vehicles have a heavy Fiat presence (it's basically a Fiat Ducato). If you don't connect this module in-line, then you may only read one or two ECUs if you are lucky.

Going back to installation, what is the host operating system, make & model of the laptop? - A serial number of the laptop would help (send me a private message if preferred), as the BIOS settings may be set incorrectly for it to work. Lastly, do you know if you have purchased a full-chip kit or the cut down version? The cheaper ones won't work on newer vehicles with advanced multiplexed data networks. You'll need a Full Chip, revision 'C' kit too. Lastly, what version of Diagbox have you updated it to?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
LeeP67

Post by LeeP67 »

Hi Marc

I've had it working on both the 2013 Relay and the 2010 pug 308, I've purchased the separate S1279 lead for the Relay too.
On the Pug if I select the model on the main menu it would then recognise the VIN and would scan the ECUs and show fault codes etc and allow me to clear them. I can get into various menus such as fault code reading, replacement parts etc but when it does a global scan there is very little info...(I'm trying to establish whether the keys are being read by the immobiliser as the car will not start and I cannot see this kind of info even though I'm sure I should be able to)

On the Relay it will not auto find the VIN even with the S1279 attached, I have to manually input the VIN. Again there was very little information other than showing fault codes and allowing me to clear them ( glow plug fault and a radio fault as I have an aftermarket unit fitted) I'm trying to get info regarding DPF soot levels etc but nothing being shown.

I ran the updates thinking that would solve the issue but when I updated I diodn't have the laptop connected to my network (with internet connection off) and didn't realise. After this I've not tried on the Pug bit on the Relay it no longer communicates with any ECU apart from power steering!
I then connected the laptop to the network and tried to run the updates again, not knowing whether this would work or not, and that is when I started to get the VCL50.BPL error message. So now I have no clue!

Before I updated it was version 7.02 (I think) The kit is a full chip kit with revisions etc, it came with 2 installation discs and is the Scary01 version.
The reason for running it on the VM Ware is that my Lenovo laptop is running Windows 10 and it's kind of a backwards step to change it to run on XP just for the diagnostic software I thought. the laptop is a lenovo V110 80 TL about 3 years old. I'll happily send you the serial number but not sure where I can find it - any ideas?

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer!

Lee
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so I'll answer these in order:

General: Always allow it to do a full Global Scan uninterrupted.
  • a) If it is interrupted, it will not show all the detected ECUs.
  • b) If it has completely completed he Global scan, you should have a list of all the ECUs detected - depending on what options are fitted. A screen shot on the Pug will help and your VIN so I can see if what it is picking up is correct in line with factory fitted options.
  • c) You may have a cut-down version of the Actia Clone - these will not read all the ECUs on newer vehicles. If it was anything under £80, that will be a distinct possibility
    - if a recent purchase and you have the link to the vendor listing, I might be able to tell
Peugeot: Assuming you don't have any of the issues above, then the info you want will probably be available within the engine ECU - you will need to click on the icon after the Global Test finishes and that will take you to other menus - try going into the standard parameters and running that test - it should provide you with a lot of information, including whether the Engine ECU is locked or not, whether the transponder is handshaking etc.

As for the Relay - again the Particle Filter soot loading data and state of the additive will also be found in the injection ECU the same as above.

As for the updates. No need to go past update 7.58 really - that will more than cover the Peugeot and other vehicles up to November 2014. There is no need to have it connected to any network - but your network adaptor or WiFi card does need to be enabled. I would strongly suggest you delete any active internet connections, to prevent it from automatically joining them - this will stop Diagbox trying to contact the PSA servers.

The Lenovo should be good - I use one purely for diagnostics as Diagbox is a messy piece of software. But, resources may be a problem if running through a VM. Secondly, USB communications can be troublesome using a VM - as the data may not be passing through from the ports. Make sure you have allowed the USB pass through options in your VM and any firewall rules on the host. Memory might be a problem too....

Marc
LeeP67

Post by LeeP67 »

Hi Marc

Thanks very much for the info and help, at the moment my main concern is finding the cause and a cure for the VCL50.BPL error message. This displays every time I try to launch Diagbox and so currently I cannot even get into it to be able to grab screen shots etc. even if I manage to get it to communicate with any ECUs. This message never displayed before I ran the updates so it must be something connected with them.

Is there a way of reversing the updates to get it back to a previous version (where it did communicate with the vehicles) or is it a case of completely uninstalling and reinstalling the whole lot? This is something I'm keen to avoid as it was such a pain to install in the first place!

Lee
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's a Borland database component file - it is part of the Diagbox launch programme. It obviously didn't get installed properly - maybe as a result of the VM issue - bit is definitely part of the programme.

It is found in the .....AWRoot\bin\launcher\ folder - or that's where it should be. If it is actually there, then the installation was not completed and therefore it hasn't been registered with the system, so it doesn't know where to look for it.

Unfortunately, I doubt whether a reinstallation will solve it - if it didn't work the first time, it's probably going to be the same again with the VM.

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Borland. Wow, that's a blast-from-the-past name.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​