rt5 upgrade.

This section is for information and posts relating to Audio Head Units, and Navigation Systems

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

kennyv50
My Cars: citroen c8

rt5 upgrade.

Post by kennyv50 »

Hi all, i own a 2009 c8 ex. My rt3ev navidrive started to play up, taking from 2 mins to 5 hours to start up, so as i visit France a little on my last journey dropped in at a breakers and picked up a rt5 unit.

The connections are all the same inc. the multi plug for the screen. Although the grey and white Ariel leads have been swooped. The unit fires up, firstly with Citroen then into a working screen, some notes are being posted on screen, however the language is set to french and I appear only to get the top left quarter of the screen. Ive come to the conclusion that the screen res is only low and that i may have to hunt out a hi res screen.

I do have a laptop and Lexia 3 setup, which i have tried to use for the first time, but having recognised the car and vin, does not see the radio. the Lexia office version im running is 1.4.13, too early? I have tried to do BSi resets with instructions from a couple of sources, they diff slightly but the radio is not seen by Lexia. but i can run cd, radio and menus, all be it with the dreaded bleeping.I checked the wiring diagrams from rt3ev rt4 and rt5, and they appear to be the same.

Any advice or views would be much appreciated. ps as my first thought was to go to my local breakers in the uk, i now have 2 rt3 units and matching screens to sell. one fiat and one Peugeot. Thanks again Ken
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: rt5 upgrade.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Post your VIN up (it will be automatically masked from public view), so I can tell which screen you have / need. There are different versions according tot he electronic architecture of the vehicle. The beeping of course is because the unit needs to be VIN coded to the vehicle.

As for your Lexia version, I can only recommend you switch to Diagbox, as that will have the latest version of Lexia embedded.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
kennyv50
My Cars: citroen c8

Post by kennyv50 »

thanks marc, vin number VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]. im almost sure its the original screen, it has dev on the rear i think it should have devhr, for hi res. but your info would be most welcome. any recommends to get diagbox. I have learnt thro this site about mirascripts, so downloaded and made up 2 cd's, 8.1 and 8.2 to try and use the lo res command, but will not boot from cd's. Im thinking its because the RT5 is in security mode. I plough on. thanks again Ken
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

As I suspected, they don't list the screen separately Ken as you can see. It is only sold officially as part of the instrument display (and these are currently £2400 inc. VAT new), so be very careful.....
C8 Screen.PNG
I know the earlier RT3s had a fibre optic connection to the screen and were hyper sensitive, as I had one on my MKII C5, so you must have a later incarnation of the unit.

So I can't help you with the screen part I'm afraid, but be careful with these as they are rare to find second hand here now, being snapped up by others wanting upgrades from bog standard RD4s and the like.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc