Hi All

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Steve Walsh
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Aircross 2021 VR7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Kawasaki ZR1100 1994
C4 Hatchback
Yamaha XVS650A 2001

Hi All

Post by Steve Walsh »

New here, Recently bought C5 Tourer 2013,2.0 HDI, Not driven it much yet but lovin it., Wife has a MK 1 C4 Hatch 1.6HDI. I am a ex mechanic, now a truck driver delivering abnormal loads around France, Spain & Portugal, Mainly Mobile homes/Static Caravans.

Still finding my way around the car, it came without a handbook but found most of what I need on the web.

Steve
Thanx to Marc and all the admins & knowledgeable people that make this the best forum on the interweb. =D> =D> =D>
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: Hi All

Post by Paul-R »

Welcome to the forum Steve.

SW France is a pretty big place. Could you narrow it down to a Départment? As I said in a different thread I put your position at somewhere in the Bay of Biscay!
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Steve Walsh
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Aircross 2021 VR7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Kawasaki ZR1100 1994
C4 Hatchback
Yamaha XVS650A 2001

Post by Steve Walsh »

Hi Paul

I am 5km From Nontron in the Dordogne 24300. South West France. Live in a tiny hamlet with only 3 occupied houses and no close neighbours.

Steve
Thanx to Marc and all the admins & knowledgeable people that make this the best forum on the interweb. =D> =D> =D>
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

now you're the sort of person I'd be delighted to be acquainted with, coz one of these days I'm probably going to be looking in your neck of the woods for my next 405 Estate....

...hopefully not for a good while yet, but the tin-worm will see it off in the end (though its not half bad on the whole).

I'm also slightly envious, driving big Artics on nice foreign roads with the surfaces and services that go hand in hand with motoring abroad. Been about a year for me now since I was on the Continent, miss it. Once saw a Trucker (Polish reg'd IIRC) changing his own wheel in a layby near Antwerp
Antwerp Overnight 1721.JPG
Puxa
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi, and :welc: to the Forum.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Steve Walsh
Donor 2023
Kawasaki ZR1100 1994
C4 Hatchback
Yamaha XVS650A 2001

Post by Steve Walsh »

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 17:13 now you're the sort of person I'd be delighted to be acquainted with, coz one of these days I'm probably going to be looking in your neck of the woods for my next 405 Estate....

...hopefully not for a good while yet, but the tin-worm will see it off in the end (though its not half bad on the whole).

I'm also slightly envious, driving big Artics on nice foreign roads with the surfaces and services that go hand in hand with motoring abroad. Been about a year for me now since I was on the Continent, miss it. Once saw a Trucker (Polish reg'd IIRC) changing his own wheel in a layby near AntwerpImage.
Loads of 405's running around, and as for the job.... Love it, been on oversize loads for years and prefer it to general haulage, and the roads.... You can keep the UK ones, I will stick to these, apart from a UK trip in the car at the end of the month, Don't mind changing truck wheels if I have to, or any other repairs if it saves the company a few euros it means there is more left in the pot, keeps the company afloat and me in a job
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

Steve Walsh wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 19:02 ....you can keep the UK [roads]
....don't mind changing truck wheels if I have to, or any other repairs if it saves the company a few euros it means there is more left in the pot, keeps the company afloat and me in a job
Nice attitude Steve, to the roads and the wheel changing etc; refreshing to hear :-D in a world where it sometimes seems the slightest excuse is more than sufficient to justify downing tools.

We'll keep the roads indeed :cry: and the endless roadworks with, for the most part, little sign of actual working; that's different on the continent too. A fair & united Europe eh! :rofl2: ....reminds me why I bothered to vote in the Referendum. At least I've got a nice comfy car for 'em.
Puxa
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Hi Steve

Welcome to the forum. I ran hydropnumatic Citroen's for about 25 years from the days of the CX until the Mk 1 C5 arrived, not at all impressed with that so changed to Peugeot 406's. Recently bought an X7 C5 - brilliant car.

Peter