Accident damaged Berlingo abs fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

greenclaws75
My Cars: Berlingo 1.6 hdi 2016

Re: Accident damaged Berlingo abs fault

Post by greenclaws75 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 22:52 I have merged this topic with the other one you created as it is confusing having 2 threads on the same subject - as answers are already being duplicated.
Thanks, sorry for the confusion !
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Can you upload the wiring diagram so we can have a look?
greenclaws75

Post by greenclaws75 »

Have to say a big thank you to https://www.easydiagnostics.co.uk/contact-us . Outstanding service and really helpful and knowledgeable . Upon their advice I updated Diagbox to v7.74 which allowed communication with the abs module and clearing of fault codes.
Strongly advise anyone to ignore ebay and buy from the experts the service is second to none. Rare to find these days.
greenclaws75

Post by greenclaws75 »

I'm not quite there yet...I keep getting an ESP/ASR warning message on the display and there is a C139D 64 Supplier fault code logged. Does anyone know how to fix this ??
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

C139D generally refers to the Longitudinal acceleration sensor calibration fault, so whether this has been damaged as a result of the accident I can't say.

But what I can tell you is that officially, in the event of any impact, this has to be replaced. It is buried behind the central console (under the handbrake) and is used with the ESP system. When replacing it has to be calibrated.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
greenclaws75

Post by greenclaws75 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 28 Oct 2019, 11:10 C139D generally refers to the Longitudinal acceleration sensor calibration fault, so whether this has been damaged as a result of the accident I can't say.

But what I can tell you is that officially, in the event of any impact, this has to be replaced. It is buried behind the central console (under the handbrake) and is used with the ESP system. When replacing it has to be calibrated.
Thanks Marc, I bled the brakes this afternoon and noticed there was a calibration of the longitudinal sensor option above the bleeding option . Message came up that the longitudinal sensor was already calibrated ?...Anyway no ASR/ESP warnings or C139D messages have appeared since and the brakes seem to work fine. So hoping it's now finally sorted.. 8-[
greenclaws75

Post by greenclaws75 »

wheeler wrote: 26 Oct 2019, 15:19 Can you upload the wiring diagram so we can have a look?
Thanks Wheeler.
Sorry I couldn't find the link I just printed it out. Thanks anyway think I have got a fix now but by past experiences I'm not counting my chickens..
greenclaws75

Post by greenclaws75 »

Hi, does anyone know what this plug is hanging down infront of the abs pump. Looks like there is a bit of broken plastic connector attached to it but it doesn't seem to do anything!.

Don't want to replace the bumper if it all has to come off again. Thanks all :)
Attachments
plug.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's obviously part of the engine harness - but if you can peel back some of the black tape, the wiring usually has a code (4 numbers or 4 numbers and a letter generally) on the wiring sleeve, but may have fewer. If you can provide one or 2 of those I might be able to provide the purpose and therefore the component it goes to.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
greenclaws75

Post by greenclaws75 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 11:38 It's obviously part of the engine harness - but if you can peel back some of the black tape, the wiring usually has a code (4 numbers or 4 numbers and a letter generally) on the wiring sleeve, but may have fewer. If you can provide one or 2 of those I might be able to provide the purpose and therefore the component it goes to.
Thanks Marc,
Unfortunately I can't see any markings on the wire. The van was stripped for assessment by the insurance company so they may have binned whatever it was connected to if anything or it might have just been lost in the accident.
Attachments
plug2.jpg
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

You need to look really closely, they will be there, the code is normally printed every couple of inches along the entire length of the wire.
see this thread for identifying wire codes > viewtopic.php?p=611812&hilit=printed+wire+codes#p611812
greenclaws75

Post by greenclaws75 »

wheeler wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 12:01 You need to look really closely, they will be there, the code is normally printed every couple of inches along the entire length of the wire.
see this thread for identifying wire codes > viewtopic.php?p=611812&hilit=printed+wire+codes#p611812
Had another look with a bright light and I can't see any markings other than a couple of black lines on the yellow wire ??