BERU Glowy Plugs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Doo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2000 Range Rover V8 4.0
2004 Jaguar XK8 4.2
2007 Citroen C4 1.6hdi SX
2012 Berlingo Multispace e-hdi XTR (nice drive :-)
2016 Suzuki Burgman AN650 Executive
I miss my Renault 5 Gordini Turbo....

BERU Glowy Plugs

Post by Doo »

Evening all, ever since the LEXIA arrived and showed all the small issues I was able to fix almost all other than the glow plugs which only just arrived half an hour ago....

I ordered them through this lot https://www.buycarparts.co.uk but the parts appeared to have come from Germany by all accounts (the fact they took almost 3wks to arrive).

I was £54:28 all in and they arrived in a decent sized box with what felt like loads of packing for protection. However, that was lost when I opened the box to see all 4 glow plugs sitting on top of the rolled up cardboard packing :roll: They were directly below the lid which meant only the lid was offering protection against a drop or something falling on it. So points off for that.

When I made the order, there was an offer of a free Hi Viz tabbard so I ticked it as it would be ideal for my lad for the winter evenings...It wasn't there either [-X

I contacted the company and nicely pointed out these small errors with the hope they may look into better packing in future to prevent damage and returns. I hope they look into it and take my well meant suggestions on board.

So, now I have to prep the car for installing the new glow plugs and all that the installation entails :?

I figure I should spray some loosening fluid around them the night before and then fire up the engine and allow it to run for around 15 minutes prior to the stripping of parts and swearing at the plugs :rofl2:

I will record each part of the job for posterity and if needs be, I can show how I went about the job.

The other good news, my friend had bought a Dayco timing belt kit for his wife's 1.6hdi Peugeot, but she broke it against a wall so I bought it off him for £30 which is less than half the new price. All I need now is the cam chain kit and I'll be set for a cozy night in with the car :-D

Right oh chaps, as you were, nothing more to see here :lol:

Catch you all later 8-)

Andi
Has anyone seen the plot? :?
doctle
My Cars: 2008 Laguna 1.5 DCi

Re: BERU Glowy Plugs

Post by doctle »

Glow plugs were pricey I'd have thought
Oh buggle
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Re: BERU Glowy Plugs

Post by white exec »

I like the idea of Glowy Plugs . . . very Christmassy :snowman:
PS Sorry to mention Christmas this early.
Chris