2015 Grand c4 picasso 2.0 bluehdi dual mass flywheel clutch kit failed at 30k miles HELP

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sarchnary
My Cars: 2015 Citroen c4 grand picasso 2.0 blueHD Exclusive

Re: 2015 Grand c4 picasso 2.0 bluehdi dual mass flywheel clutch kit failed at 30k miles HELP

Post by sarchnary »

Thank you all for your replies I really appreciate the support, I’ve decided to buy the flywheel online, I’ll start putting it back together once it arrived and I’ll let you guys know how it went.
Cheers
sarchnary

Re: 2015 Grand c4 picasso 2.0 bluehdi dual mass flywheel clutch kit failed at 30k miles HELP

Post by sarchnary »

Just an update to the Very helpful people here

And sorry for late reply

I did take the gearbox out myself On friends driveway and what a mess inside

The CSC was next to useless was spinning so loosely and I guess this was making the noise when in neutral and stationary and when clutch was fully down

Also the bearings that holds the two piece mass flywheel together was completely messed up, at first I saw a thread around it and thought must be dirt or something so I pulled it slightly but it cut through my gloves and cut my hand skin and started bleeding so sharp razor blade sharp surgical knife sharp! What do you know it was actually metal that being trimmed and shaved off under load and unbalancing spins.

The DMF was so unbalanced that was playing and shaking crazily, this was the cause of vibrations.

I tired to call places where someone can replace this bearing no luck at all, I mean DMF Almost new and no damage or anything just a bearing gone bad and premature failure, I’ve seen online videos other country not U.K. they do change this bearing.....

I ended up buying a 3 piece kit original but online not from Citroen slightly better price.

Put everything back together and car was fine running smooth etc, and then went crazy again and doesn’t start first click like it used to, it’ll start ten click and drain battery flat as it won’t start after so many try so I plugged lexia and came back that one of the injectors is faulty I replaced that injector and car is fine now.

Could this faulty injector have been the cause of DMF failure or vice versa, as it must been running rough for a while but I must have not noticed it, either one must have cause the other to fail.

Hope you all safe and healthy
Tanny
My Cars: C4 picasso

Post by Tanny »

Hi.
I have been reading the comments to try decide if I have same issue.
Sounds like a common fault which I wasn't aware of.

My 64 c4 picasso is making a rattle / vibration noise at low revs / low speed.

Pulls and drives lovely otherwise.

Clutch bearing is noisy.

Is the clutch or DMF passed it please
sarchnary

Post by sarchnary »

Late reply but only way to find out when unit is out