Citroen Relay fuel tank

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

LittleOldSuzi
My Cars: Peugeot 207 1.6 HDi

Citroen Relay fuel tank

Post by LittleOldSuzi »

I have been having a few cold running issues with a Relay for a while and now the cold weather is back the problems are getting worse again. Long story short I want to put some Liqui Moly cleaner through the injectors in case it is a simple fix before I dig deeper. If I run the van out of Diesel, how much fuel is still in the tank i.e. below the pick up?

What I am looking to do is add the Liqui Moly straight to the tank, run the van on idle for a bit and then change the fuel filter and top up with fresh diesel. The key to it is how much is left after it runs empty. If there is still a gallon left then it will dilute the Liqui Moly but if there is only a litre or so left then 5L of Liqui Moly will will be quite potent.

Thanks.
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Re: Citroen Relay fuel tank

Post by white exec »

Few of the normally available diesel system cleaners are meant to be used neat, or at high concentrations - although some 'diesel improvers' being sold have been found to contain mainly . . . diesel!

LiquiMoly produce some effective products. Which of their cleaners were you looking at?

Two of the best cleaners-fuel improvers are meant to be used at a dilution of 1:200 for a remedial clean, and 1:1000 for regular use. These are washed into the tank as part of refuelling.
Chris