New Lexia/diagbox Install

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

New Lexia/diagbox Install

Post by admiral51 »

Okay so i have done this and read and re read all the posts and i messaged people on this forum for advice on which laptop/where to buy from etc etc and with the goodwill of everyone here i have a working Lexia/Diagbox that i have been able to use not only for my own benefit but at least 1 other forum member but also 3 of my neighbours who have PSA cars.
The one thing that seems to be lost in the all the posts but which is highlighted in many of them is the Internet issue.
Please once you have a laptop to install the software on please please update it as much as you can, once you have done that remove all anti virus programs, stop windows update and make sure that the wifi connection is not set to auto connect before you attempt to install the software( been there,done that, mega aggro )
It is something we all do, well at least i think we do, is to type in the wifi password and say yes remember it and auto connect whilst we get everything updated but where do you most use the laptop for the Lexia/Diagbox ?
At home and within wifi range ?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: New Lexia/diagbox Install

Post by myglaren »

Many laptops will have a physical switch to disable wifi.
My current ones have keyboard options for it - Fn+F11 on one, the other similar but it ain't here.