C4 picasso (b78) bsi reset

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bandicoot
My Cars: Peugeot 1007 1.4hdi Sporty

C4 picasso (b78) bsi reset

Post by Bandicoot »

Hi everyone!
I need the advice how to reboot/reset BSI on my C4 picasso 2015 (b78). Basically I disconnected the positive wire from the battery without waiting for the bsi to shutdown and when I connected the battery back and started the car the battery stopped charging and I got big red STOP on the dash.
I seen the instructions for older generation C4 and C5, but it doesn’t seem to work on mine. I can’t even hold the lock button on the key, as my key goes into the reader. Please, can anyone explain the BSI reset procedure for new generation picasso? Thank you! Also, I do have Diagbox software and cable if it will be needed
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C4 picasso (b78) bsi reset

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's all here:

BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure

When you have completed the reset, run a Global test with Diagbox and report any fault codes here along with your VIN.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Bandicoot

Post by Bandicoot »

I tried resetting BSI. Done 3 attempts. Just as it says in the topic. I’m not sure if it was successful or not (how to say?). My problem is still there. As soon as I start the engine the message appears in red circle battery charge fault and STOP. And every time I’m trying to close the central locking from the key fob the alarm goes off.
I Plugged diagbox and cleared all the faults, most of them were about lack of electricity, as I ran down the battery last night but got car back home.
Now the BSI module has no faults and engine management unit says there is a fault with auxiliary belts (P1382). I checked the belt and it is fine.
Don’t really know what to do now.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The stop light coming on with the battery fault light indicates there is a fault in the battery charging circuit somewhere. Check your alternator belt to make sure that has not come off or shredded, this happened to me and gradually ran down the battery as the power steering may use an electropump. Check all your terminals and battery wires. It may be your alternator isn’t charging the battery properly or another possibility is the battery itself is end of life and not accepting a charge.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Bandicoot

Post by Bandicoot »

Let me tell the story from the start. I was driving the car as normal, but than the service light came on and the message appears saying ‘engine fault, repair the vehicle’ but the car was absolutely fine. I thought it is just a temporary message and drove car back home. Everything seemed OK. Battery was charging as normal and even used eco mode as normal, before the service light appeared.
I thought that I need to restart the car, so I did, but the message came on again. I stopped the engine, opened the bonnet and disconnected positive terminal for like 10 seconds. Popped it back on, started the car and the message about the battery came on as soon as I started the engine. But engine management light has gone.
I than took a car around my area, just to see if it need a bit of time to run in, took it back home and nothing. Battery got weaker, so I took it off and was charging all night. Put it back on car fully charged but it didn’t help. And I also noticed that alarm went mad and every time I’m trying to lock car from the fob it starts screaming.