Injector opening correction strategies

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jsoap
My Cars: Peugeot Expert 2.0 HDi 130 (DW10CD)

Injector opening correction strategies

Post by jsoap »

Diagbox has a reading for "Injector opening correction strategies activation status" which I think is linked to "End mileage of the last PICL resetting loop".
I can see that the strategy gets activated quite a lot when I lift my foot of the accelerator at higher speeds. I'm assuming that this is the ecu setting adaptions for injector pilot injections. I believe that the second parameter is the last time that it completed these adaptions. This figure updates regularly to my current mileage and tells me that this is a continuous process.
There is an option in diagbox for "Initialialisation of the diesel injectors autoadaptive values" which looks to be the same thing.
To me it does not seem normal to constantly be making corrections, unless I'm misinterpreting the parameter meanings.
jsoap
My Cars: Peugeot Expert 2.0 HDi 130 (DW10CD)

Re: Injector opening correction strategies

Post by jsoap »

A bit of digging around came up with this

Depending on the vehicle manufacturer, Small Injection Quantity
Learning is sometimes known by other names:
SQL: Small Quantity Learning
IAC: Injection Amount Correction (Citroen, Opel, Mazda)
PCL: Perform Pilot Correction Learn (Ford)
IQC: Injection Quantity Correction (Mitsubishi, Subaru)
PQL: Pilot Quantity Learning (Toyota)
FCCB: Fuel Control for Cylinder Balance

So under certain conditions when you lift your foot off the pedal, fuel injection drops to zero, and the the ECU injects a small quantity of fuel to test and update the injector parameters. This happens continuously, and would only need to be reset if the injectors were replaced.
"End mileage of the last PICL resetting loop" will therefore confirm that this process is running correctly.