Several issues with my DS5

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mares
My Cars: Citroen DS5

Re: Several issues with my DS5

Post by Mares »

Nope, I stopped messing with this issue, what's more interesting, now during winter time when temperatures are around zero, even when car is not driving for several days, it ignites totally properly :-D .... last winter was opposite situation...quite strange situation. I will wait for spring and warmer days to see how it will do first ignition. If at warmer days it ignites improperly, then I believe there is some air suction in the system through some pipe/sealing due to expansion of material on higher temperatures. Rubber parts and plastics shrinks at lower temperatures, seems like everything seals fine now :-D
sebastian9415
My Cars: Citroën c5 x7 2.0 hdi 140hp

Post by sebastian9415 »

But you don’t have any errors or check engine light on? I made the injector leak off test and I have all 4 defective injectors. Can injectors be the problem? I want to change the return valves.
DragosDs5
New User
My Cars: Ds 5 2.0 Diesel 180hp 2017

Post by DragosDs5 »

Mares wrote: 02 Sep 2019, 21:45
Engine warning comes up usually when driving on constant speed, let's say 70-80km/h and slow down to about 40km/h and then do kick-down (full acceleration). Usually car hits from 4th into 2nd gear and start accelerating with full power, during hard acceleration warning appears. If I do kick-down from zero to any high speed (eg.100 - 150km/h), no warning will appear, so this comes up mostly from constant drive, then slow down (not to stop) and then hard accelerate. Usually this occurs when passing through paytoll (through electric system where you don't have to stop your car but pas through slowly and then I hit kick down).

Even with such warning car runs smoothly, no power loss, nothing strange noticed except warning message. Downside of this error is it occurs mostly on a highway drives where I use cruise control, but when error message comes up, cruise control automatically is off and unusable, which is pain in the ass for me for highways, where I got used to use it.

Usually cruise control can be used again after switching engine off / on, but this is temporary solution.

I have the exact same problem in my recent purchase a DS 5 2.0 Diesel 180hp, after a hard kick down the message SERVICE appears on board and the navigation system sets the nearest service, after I shut down the engine and start again the error disappears, do you have any updates on this problem ? Have you solved it ?
Mares
My Cars: Citroen DS5

Post by Mares »

Meanwhile I did a service of turbocharger, minor correction of blades and some adjustments were done, since then no error warnings on kick downs....try connecting your car with Lexia and see if any error codes related to turbo pressure are stored.