Clock reset and central locking

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Scruffy99
My Cars: Peugeot 607

Re: Clock reset and central locking

Post by Scruffy99 »

Having same prob key starts car have bought new 2nd battery and have to reset clock each time i start car can only open car manually central locking not working in fob which also has new battery...have tried bsi reset with no luck dont know what else to do
Scruffy99

Post by Scruffy99 »

Also radio cd not working dont turn on
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

As with earlier in the post. Do you have an aftermarket radio fitted & was anyone touching fuses just before the problem started?
Scruffy99

Post by Scruffy99 »

No change in radio have checked fuses in radio there is power going to it
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

wheeler wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 19:01 was anyone touching fuses just before the problem started?
Scruffy99

Post by Scruffy99 »

Had a blue tooth transmitter in cig plug was removed and then fob central locking and radio multistopped working thought it was because was saying battery low the 2nd battery in boot but bought a new one and still not working
Scruffy99

Post by Scruffy99 »

Im having the same probs with a 607 fob not working have to reset clock eveytime i start car radio not working tried a bsi rest and now everytime i initially put car in gear the boot pops open lol
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Either the car battery is shot or the wiring / electrical connections. The only reason the radio clock resets and starts flashing is when there has been a loss of power. So that's where you need to focus.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Mopedman50
My Cars: Expert tepee

Post by Mopedman50 »

Hello all new poster here I've a 807 box 2.0 petrol it's always started no problem n faults untill I parked it up a yr.
Battery was flat so charged up had to sync key fob as wouldn't start said immobiliser fault, then car started up.
But had And fault Antistability fault on display do plugged PPS in and tried to clear faults.
Kept saying no communication to abs ecu so removed all connections earth cleaned everything up and sprayed contact cleaner on everything before we still exactly the same.
I got mad after this and thought Sod it n left it a year 😤 next time it had more issues electric odd door not working.
Next time more things then last time low oil pressure level even though oil level is fine fresh oil was changed too with filter no oil Lewis engine sounds mint.
Well it's only done 63000 so far from warn out, do decided to break it had enough now electric gremlins
PjmediaPr
New User
My Cars: Peugeut did have a Renault

Post by PjmediaPr »

Did u sort this...have the same problem after battery change
Blinking clock no central locking

Where is the fuse box?

PJ
AndorraBerlingo
My Cars: 2021 Berlingo

Post by AndorraBerlingo »

Hi. We are on a long holiday in the UK and purchased a brand new 2021 Berlingo in Andorra, 1000 miles on it so far. I am having these issues and need some help. I cannot take it back to the original dealer as they are 1000 miles away, so I need to find a way to fix it myself or I will have to find and make an appointment with a dealer in the UK (prefer not to).
The screen time restarts every time I start the car. No point in even setting the time any longer.
Central locking and unlocking works for a short period after the car is turned off. Once the interior lights turn off the key fob is useless unless I turn on the ignition again, and then it works for a couple of minutes. It is a good thing there is a key slot in the door so I can at least open the driver's door :-D .
I read through the posts here and see something referring to "PSA BSIs", "moving the shunt to the client position" and "reset". Can someone tell me what these steps would be and what is a PSA BSI? Otherwise the car/van has been doing well.
Thank you!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi

Read this post here - ignore the other issues, just focus on the fuse position.

viewtopic.php?t=70373&hilit=shunt&start=15

This will be for the C5 X7, but the BSI is essentially the main computer. If the dealer has forgotten to move the SHUNT fuse into the Customer or Client position, then it will have an impact on the electrical supplies and operation of equipment.

If your vehicle is a right hand drive, the BSI fusebox will be on the left passenger side glovebox and the same for a left hand drive, but will be behind an access panel (see your manual for details).

You may need a torch, but look for a fuse that is shuntable from one position to another - it should be marked on the surrounding plastic and may have a SH mark on it.

I wouldn't worry about visiting a UK dealer , as your car is under warranty regardless - just pop in and explain you may suspect the shunt fuse and the manual advises to refer to the dealer for fuses. They shouldn't charge you and it will only take a few minutes for them to check. You can go to any dealer for warranty work - it does not have to be the dealer you bought it from.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
AndorraBerlingo
My Cars: 2021 Berlingo

Post by AndorraBerlingo »

Yep the shunt. How could the dealer I bought it from miss that part of the pre delivery? I went to an excellent dealer (Robins and Day) in Manchester and the tech knew what is was right away. He moved a fuse from the showroom side to the customer side and it worked. The fuse was under the dashboard.