Peugeot 2008 knocking noise.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DanNicholson93
My Cars: Peugeot 2008 1.4 - 2015 plate.

Peugeot 2008 knocking noise.

Post by DanNicholson93 »

Hello all,

I'm new to these forums so please bare with me!

I purchased a Peugeot 2008 1.4 diesel - 15 plate in Feb of 2018. Car was and still does run well, no problems in terms of the drive, check lights or anything of the sort.

About January time this year I was making my local commute to work when all of a sudden a distinctive clunking sound appeared from underneath. Naturally I feared the worse and stopped immediately to check to see if anything was hanging or loose. Couldn't see anything so continued to work.

That was 8 months ago and the noise is still persistent. Its usually at its worse when I am in a higher gear than the necessary speed - for example i'm in 4th gear but doing 15-20 miles an hour. It also makes the noise when going over bumps, potholes and speed humps in the road, leading me to believe it is something that has come loose and is rattling with the vibration of the engine. Also if I am stationary and find my bite but go that little bit further, just on the point of stalling the car, the noise appears again.

Now I have taken the car to 6 different garages, explained exactly what I have just above and all have come back with the same answer. 'We don't know where it is coming from'

I originally had a wishbone replaced on the drivers side as the garage at the time thought that was my issue but that came back with no difference. I've had my suspension checked each time, I've had the engine out to see if there is any loose nuts or bolts to the engine mount, I've had the track rod end, drop links, shock absorbers & everything in between checked and still the noise remains.

Like I say its not effecting the way the car drives or handles its just becoming increasingly annoying as it persists. If anyone has ideas or experience with this kind of thing then please let me know!

Thanks,
Dan.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Peugeot 2008 knocking noise.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Pop up your VIN - I think I can point you to one of a few possibilities.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
maccam99
New User
My Cars: peugeot 2008

Re: Peugeot 2008 knocking noise.

Post by maccam99 »

re peugeot 2008 with knocking noise i have the same problem i have changed shockers and drop links but still a rattle on drivers side anyone any ideas