lexia problem

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paullap
My Cars: Peugeot 206

lexia problem

Post by paullap »

Hi I have a Citroen c2 with an ecu problem, I got a ecu kit from eBay , ecu body control module and key fob. now I have a battery light on, loading lexia I put in the vin code and will not communicate, I assume it is because the the vin code on the ecu does not match the ecu.

Paul
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: lexia problem

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You do realise you have to have a matched Engine ECU, BSI and key fobs that incorporate the transponders?

From what you have said, you have replaced the BSI and have new fobs. If you have the original Engine ECU still on the car, then you won’t start it as the engine ECU is matched to the original BSI and transponders.

All 3 have to be matched.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
paullap

Post by paullap »

Hi, Sorry. Yes and the ecu, I can get in on OBD but that is very restricted information.

Paul
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so now you've confirmed all 3 items have been replaced, then the VIN code programmed into the BSI will be from the donor vehicle.

How old is your 206? Are you launching PP2000 or Diagbox?

Once you select the marque, then the model (important you know the variant of the model if a choice is presented) it will try and autodetect the VIN. It will always confirm if the VIN is correct once it returns this and if not, you can enter it manually. However I suspect there is more going on here, as there is no communication. Once you have connected the VCI tot he OBD port connected the USB to your laptop and switched the ignition on, do you have a green light on the VCI?

If not, then the VCI is not functioning or there is a communication problem. You need to give us some more information on what operating system you have installed the software on (Windows version, 32 or 64 bit, whether you are running it in a Virtual Machine or not etc.) Also, if you paid anything around the £60 or under mark for your kit, then you may not have a full chip kit needed for full CAN vehicles. You really need a Revision 'C' full chip Lexia kit. These have more electronic components on the circuit boards and are generally more expensive - about the £100 + mark to reflect this.

I'll maybe have a better idea once you've answered some of the questions above. One thing during installation is to make sure you allowed ALL firewall requests through - if not Windows will block communications between the laptop and the VCI. Next go into your power saving advanced settings and make sure that selectively suspend USB device setting is turned off - otherwise Windows will power off USB ports to save power when it thinks they are not being used.

Pop your VIN up here for the original vehicle (or the Reg) and I'll be able to see what you have.

Marc
paullap

Post by paullap »

Hi Thank you for the help, I cant give you the Lexia details until tomorrow as it is at work in my workshop.

But this is what i did yesterday. I went back to the start, Put the old ECU, BCM , and key chip in this C2, This ecu has had water in it originally , I had codes that would not clear on the O2 sensors and I scoped them and know they where working perfect and no wiring issues between the ecu and O2 sensors, so that is why i bought a ECU set off ebay.
I tried to connect 3 scanners yesterday, Snap on on Verus . Autell, and Lexia. I had no communication with all 3. I could get in to OBD direct. I know I have had a connection before so I started to play around, On my Verus I selected a Citroen c3 Mine is a C2. and it let me straight in. I cleared all the codes and the EML light has stayed off """So Far"""". i then thought i would try Lexia selecting a C3 but it would still not communicate with anything, i have used this Lexia quite a few times before without any problems. Not quite sure where to go from here, I might scope the Can Bus signal to see what is happening, any Idea's.

Have a good day

Paul
paullap

Post by paullap »

VIN VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The C2 and C3 share similar components - but I suspect the ECU set has come from a C3.

When you connect Diagbox, select the Marque, and model (C2). It should then try to detect the VIN. Obviously it will be pulling the old VIN here from the BSI, so you should say no and enter the VIN manually. Once you confirm it, then you should be offered a choice of 'Lexia' or 'Scantool' for which you need to select Lexia as this is a 2006 model. Then it will ask you for the RPO number - which for your C2 is: 10699.

It's also worth noting that your C2 uses full CAN CAN multiplexing. So your VCI must be the full ticket to be able to read all the ECUs - the cheaper Actia clones may well have problems with full CAN vehicles.

Marc
paullap

Post by paullap »

Hi marc, I have the original ECU in the car, Now when I got in to the ecu using the Verus it detected the ecu with the correct vin number shown on the screen but it it said the RPO number 10461 1.4 MPI (KFV).
I will try this later using Lexus and I will take note of the stages to see if we can find out what is going on.

Thanks

Paul
paullap

Post by paullap »

Hi Marc, I have been playing about trying to connect the Lexia, This is interesting, When i managed to get in on my Snap On Verus it came up with the correct vin number but a RPO number of 10461 not 10699 as you say. and on the door label it says 10672, how strange. So first of all I checked the chassis number on the Log book, and that is all correct, I then go in to Lexia and put in the RPO number of 10461 and hey presto I am in. If I had not put the Verus on I would have never got in. What do you think is going on?.

Regards

Paul
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so the the VIN that you gave me returns the correct build number for the car. That is direct from Citroen. The only way it can be incorrect is if the ECU has been changed previously to when you owned it.

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility it has been changed, possibly because of other problems and so the VIN for the vehicle no longer matches the one stored in the ECU. The RPO doesn’t need to be exact for the diagnostic tool, as it is just a build date, but will make a difference if it is out of range for the model production possibly.

For example take a C3 that then went to the C3 II. The build dates near the change will make a difference if you put an incorrect RPO for the VIN. The VIN contains a lot of info about the car including production numbers, so at some point the RPO won’t be valid for a certain VIN.

Marc