Climate control

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jetjockey

Climate control

Post by Jetjockey » 09 Jul 2019, 20:57

Hello.

On the Citroen C5 exclusive estate tourer (2008) I have dual climate control. Is there any method of setting it so that altering the temperature on the driver side also alters the temperature of the passenger side?
I’m finding it a pain having to keep twiddling both lots of controls all the time. Most modern cars have a dual or single setting.

Thank you. :-D

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Climate control

Post by GiveMeABreak » 09 Jul 2019, 21:06

Not directly, that's how they are designed, but there is a trick you can use - I believe you have electric seats with memory control, the same as me.

So what you need to do is start the engine, get your seat setup the way you like it, including the left and right mirror positions. Next, set the climate control temperature on both sides to your most used setting and stick it on auto. Then decide on which of the 2 memory positions on the Driver's door control module you want to use and hold the button down until it bongs.

Then next time you press it, it will set everything back to how you programmed it. :-D

If you don't have another driver in the family, then you could set one memory for winter and another for summer.

Jetjockey

Post by Jetjockey » 10 Jul 2019, 01:28

Bingo! :-D

Cheers Marc, brilliant!
I thought I was losing my marbles when the climate control set itself to some obscure figure the other day.
I suspected it might be something to do with the Seat memory but now I know! 8-)

Actually, now I come to think of it, I could do with three memory positions. One of them could be used to store a tilted down near side mirror position for reversing. I’m amazed that with all the gadgetry on the exclusive that the mirrors don’t tilt down when reverse is selected. Or are they supposed to? :(

Thanks.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak » 10 Jul 2019, 09:00

It depends on year and option pack when purchased. I have that function, but you have different mirror part numbers to me - mine cost £1005 each :shock: , where yours are about £514! - so almost double. So probably has something to do with it.

Your mirrors are tinted, but not electrochrome and probably have the memorised position for normal driving (programmed along with the seats and A/C settings.
On mine they are indexable, so when reverse is selected the mirrors (left or right depending on switching position) will move to a pre-selected position like the kerb, and then revert back to pre-programmed position when driving off again.

Mine was specified with the Leather pack, Vision pack, Detection Pack 2 & Navidrive Pack.

But the indexing option was later dropped probably due to the expense as £2k on 2 mirrors alone is not cheap!

Jetjockey

Post by Jetjockey » 10 Jul 2019, 22:27

Hello Marc.

Yes, I can confirm that my rear view mirror auto dims but the wing mirrors do not. Bit of a disappointment after my old E class Mercedes estate.

Thanks.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak » 18 Aug 2019, 15:47

Just an update on this:

The rear indexable in reverse option for C5 X7 mirrors was removed from production from 02/11/2009 and also via a BSI software update (from V8.20).

It's all to do with the good old European Union regulations - say no more.

Directive 2003/97 / EC has a regulation from January 26, 2010 which mean the class of the C5 X7 mirrors will no longer meet the appropriate class specifications for the 'dockable' versions. So PSA stopped producing this variant and retrospectively updated the software to remove the function, along with the option to turn off the Automatic Functions of the Electronic handbrake.

So beware of you have this option on an early X7 and get the BSI software updated, you will loose this functionality!