DS4 Parking sensors

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stevd
My Cars: DS4 2.0 HDI Dsport 163
C5 2.0 HDI 163

DS4 Parking sensors

Post by stevd »

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. Currently own a C5 2.0 hdi and a ds4 2.0hdi

Recently purchased the DS4 2.0 hdi dsport 2012.

Unfortunately, the parking sensors - front and rear - are not working. No errors show on the dash as I would have expected and the switch for the parking sensors doesnt do anything - ie the light doesnt come on when the switch is pressed.

When I run diagnostics on it, it says the outter front left sensor isn't working. So I removed the headlamp and replaced the sensor with one from my C5, but nothing changed, the fault was still there.

As there is no error showing on the dash, and that the led in the switch doesn't illuminate I thought it could be a fuse. Checking the hand book it doesn't have a fuse listed for the parking sensors! Does any one knw where the fuse will be for it? It is strange they dont list it in the owners manual.

Any help will be appreciated as it is frustrating not being able to taackle a simple job!

Many thanks
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: DS4 Parking sensors

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi, and :welc: to the Forum. I am sorry to say I cannot help you, but I am sure somebody will.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
stevd
My Cars: DS4 2.0 HDI Dsport 163
C5 2.0 HDI 163

Re: DS4 Parking sensors

Post by stevd »

Thanks for the welcome :)