Hdi engines

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Hdi engines

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, Ian has the DISPATCH III SHORT PANEL VAN H1 TYPE 12 2.0 HDi 120 (DW10UTED4) Manual gearbox 6

It has no particulate filter and has the Siemens SID 803 Injection system.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
moizeau
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 91 BX TZD Estate. Dead but loved
407 HDI 136 auto
C4 2l petrol coupé
2010 Dispatch III HDI 90
AND a 1980 Z1000ST
AND a 1983 GPz1100 inj
AND a 1995 Zephyr 1100
AND a 1980 Z650 (my moped)

Post by moizeau »

Don't know how true this is but, a friend of a friend swapped the same engine, from car to van I think and because the engine sits at a different angle the sump is different and it died due to oil problems, may be something different inside the sump also. As I say, not sure but worth checking.
Pete
Notice the BX is still top the list but sadly gone
EDC5
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 RHR AM6

Post by EDC5 »

^^ That's a very good point. Perhaps the RHK engine used in vans isn't rotated towards the back of the car 20 or so degrees like the RHR variant so that's probably a non starter then; as you don't want to have to be swapping over oil pump/strainers and sumps etc.

Do you suspect something being wrong with the block then? because it would be a lot less work to just put a new head on it, especially if it isn't rotated out of reach like most PSA cars.

Perhaps the RHR head would fit on a RHK block though if availability is scarce, you could compare the drawings of head gasket(s) to ensure compatibility.
Ian M france
My Cars: dispatch 2007 scudo 2005 discovery td5 freelander

Post by Ian M france »

By the time I have bought head plus gaskets and bolts might just as well change all and can look at clutch at same time, and if it is fuel pump might be locking up will need to change that to be 100% plus as pistons have hit valves could have damaged bottom of engine
I have found a RHK engine on ebay the guy said's it is 89k and ran okay before coming out and will except 550 pounds with all the bits on it which seams okay and will give me some spares all ways risk that new engine is not good
Ian M france
My Cars: dispatch 2007 scudo 2005 discovery td5 freelander

Post by Ian M france »

well back on the dispatch, engine arrived and all looks okay, needs new glow plugs three where not working so will change as easy to do when engine is out, fitted new timing belt and water pump, dmf wheel looks on its last legs so will look at one on other engine to see if that is okay, do not want to spend another 350€ on it for all new clutch and dmfw but as van should do another 100k I will if needed, on the web site I buy my car bits they have a kit to change to a normal fly wheel, at 215€ I had the same debate with my discovery and there is a mixed response as to if it is okay to use most said that the dmfw was the best option and in the end I fitted the dmfw any one used one on a Hdi engine? can not fit the engine for 2 to 3 weeks as have my sons car in bits waiting for a gearbox, but once that is out the way I can get engine out, I will try and get some photos