Citroen Dispatch radio - BSI reset?

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Andygosmore
New User
My Cars: Citroen dispatch, xsara Picasso

Citroen Dispatch radio - BSI reset?

Post by Andygosmore »

Hi, hoping for some advice. My Citroen Dispatch van has the RD$ radio unit. Since I bought it second hand last week, the radio is completely unresponsive, no buttons do anything and it does not turn on,. The time on the multifunction display is flashing, & the date is 2007. Units are metric. The fuel economy readout, distance left in tank etc. are still working, accessed via end stalk button, I've carried out a BSI reset a few times, nothing changed. I've accepted the fact that something needs replacing, but is it likily to be the stereo unit?
Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Citroen Dispatch radio - BSI reset?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi (Andy?) and welcome.

You probably have the standard RD4 Head Unit. My first thoughts are that the previous owner may well have had a third party unit installed and possibly may have put the original unit back in before selling it on.

I would first double check the wiring harness at the back of the unit is full and properly connected (always disconnect the quad lock connector first before disconnecting any other connector and re-connect last when reconnecting other connectors). If everything seems present and correct, then I suspect the unit will need the parameters re-configuring back to the vehicle. Further, if it is not the original head unit, but has been replaced with another unit, then it will also need VIN coding to the vehicle to regain functionality. This can be done with Lexia / Diagbox.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc