Electric Cars:what's available?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: Electric Cars:what's available?

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

moving pictures, hows your Lithuanian?

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Freeze Nik and Rob :-D
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

Better than my Mandarin, there seems to be a fair bit of French and English based words in there. !If you play it one phrase at a time you can decypher 30-40% if you can be bothered! I couldn't ! :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
NewcastleFalcon

A QUIETLY brilliant, very French EV

Whats that going to be then?

A QUIETLY brilliant, very French EV Bobby likes it

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Not quite on its way, but encouraging for MG Motor who are looking to offer a microcar along the lines of the immensely popular Wuhling Mini EV outside of China.

MG Motor plans to introduce Mini EV outside of China

Smaller, lighter, cheaper, simpler will facilitate electrification quicker than the current offerings from Automakers of larger, heavier, expensive, over-complicated, for a small target audience of the affluent.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Bobby's 5 good and 5 bad points for the Volvo spotted today viewtopic.php?p=712384#p712384

and what sort of price would you have to pay for one...(standard quotes are at 6,000 miles/year)
temp2.jpg
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Orkney is in the County Spotlight for the next day-ish, and I took the oportunity to reaquainted myself with a very knowledgeable Jonathan Porterfield based in Orkney, but who will buy evs on the second hand market to order and supply to anywhere in the country.

This short vid shows him in action buying a KIA Soul EV on a 68 Plate for a customer from a Trade Auction.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I had an account with BCA for about forty years but never bought online always at one of their many sites, in the end their fees got too high and the nearest one Tewkesbury closed after all the cars got completely under water in a bad flooding episode of the Severn and Avon.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

That video describes exactly what I was doing with nearly new ICE cars in the 90's. I used to charge 6% of the purchase price capped at £750 and bought over 400 cars for customers in the Uk but occasionally for delivery in France, Italy and Spain. Delivery costs were charged separately and I made a healthy living until the bottom dropped out of the market which drastically reduced the difference between new and nearly new, (less than 6 months old and less than 3000 miles, ) I thoroughly enjoyed that time having left BT and managed to travel all over the UK collecting and delivering cars. I still do the occasional one for friends and family which gives them an even better deal with no fees to me. I do it for the fun I get from driving different cars to different places!! :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Another one from Artisan Electrics.
Vivaro E van

A trial
Skip the first five minutes of waffle.

A very minor point. I was really pleased to hear him say 'rooves' and not 'roofs'.

Seems pleased with it.
Nevertheless, all Vauxhalls are shíte.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Seems pleased with it.
Nevertheless, all Vauxhalls are shíte.

Wasn't that range of Vauxhall really rebadged Nissans? sorry, wasn't properly awake I meant Renault Trafics :oops:
Last edited by Gibbo2286 on 11 Apr 2022, 09:25, edited 1 time in total.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Might even be PSA.
NewcastleFalcon

About a year ago this was the situation, Stellantis might have changed their position but at the time all Vauxhall Vivaro-e were made in France.
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 13 Mar 2021, 17:14
The 2014 Version of the Vivaro was indeed a partnership of Renault/Nissan/Fiat/Vauxhall/Opel. The New Version is Based on a PSA Stellantis EMP2 platform shared with the Citroen Dispatch and Peugeot Expert Vans. So yes its a new PSA Stellantis offering.

The anomaly is the the new Vivaro petrol and diesel version is being built at Luton, temporary reprieve unless they move production of the e-Vivaro there, which I very much doubt. The French government still keep a stake in Stellantis it would be unusual if they decided to move French e-vivaro jobs to Luton.
Remember this is the Vivaro petrol and diesel version only.
https://www.vansdirect.co.uk/new-vauxha ... 20plant%21
Wonder what is happening 12 months on :?: Stellantis appear to have become less whinge-ey, posted some strong financial results, and a bit more positive in their plans, across the board. Thrown some decent crumbs Ellesmere Port's way, but whats the current situation in 2022 for Luton :?:

I can't find anything new, no big announcement from Stellantis about Luton making the Vivaro-e.
Ellesmere Port is to become an all-electric factory and will produce the smaller Stellantis vans the Vauxhall Combo-e, the Peugeot e-Partner and the Citroen e-Berlingo.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

What's the headline prices for a Volvo XC40 from the horses website today without looking at the small print...

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/v/cars/xc4 ... 8fe1e9a18b

temp2.png
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Or whats not available as the case may be. Think of the auto industry, like the housebuilding industry in the UK. The last thing they want to build is smaller more affordable homes. Ditto with the auto industry the last thing they want to offer is smaller more affordable EV's. So we come to the DACIA Spring. Yes Renault developed it out in China as the Renault City K-ZE built by eGT New Energy Automotive, a joint venture between Dongfeng, Renault and Nissan.

By the time it hit Europe as the Dacia Spring with a few tweeks up goes the price, but it can still be churned out at the nearest thing to a disruptive price for an EV in europe we have seen.

So whats happening right now. In the UK nothing official about a release for the DACIA Spring either from DACIA or Renault, but selling well in Europe, as it undoubtedly would in the UK.

Renault seem to be planning for 2024 for a new A-Segment Platform for EV's to be launched in 2024, with a New DACIA EV expected to replace the Spring. Whether there will be a new Renault/Nissan using the same platform is under wraps.

All the talk was that the "old" Dacia Spring would be launched in the UK this year, but as far as I can work out, nothing happening yet, no orders opening up announcement at all.

Nothing in here
https://www.dacia.co.uk/dacia-news.html
Confirmation here that the "New Dacia EV" will arrive in 2024
https://uk.motor1.com/news/568624/dacia ... rmed-2024/

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey