Room 101 open for deposits.....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Room 101 open for deposits.....

Post by CitroJim »

I know what you mean Steve, I detest candles as they make me feel very bad, especially the very scented ones...

Generally I'm bad around any sources of combustion and vapours... Not least petrol and diesel :(

Slightly OT but on my morning runs I've been shocked at how many whiffs of wacky baccy I'm subject to... Whiffs that emanate from people homes...

And that's between 5 and six in the morning... Is life so bad for so many nowadays that they need to find solace in narcotics so early in the day?

Or maybe for them it's their last puff before bed... I don't know but I find it very sad...

Has wacky baccy been legalised recently? I know I'm sensitive to it but its use seems so widespread now...

Wacky baccy smoke and indeed vape smoke does me no good at all...

I'd definitely put all vape devices and their users in room 101... I shudder when I see a vaper blowing horrid clouds of putrid 'smoke' all around...

Hate it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

It's odd but the vape stuff doesn't affect me, nor does fuel vapour unless very concentrated.

Years since I smelled whacky baccy. Would have been at work, being smoked out the back. The two who were doing it were caught by a director and sacked on the spot.
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

It always happens the niggling largely unnecessary irritation when doing a simple job on a car.

This one....."Remove 4 screws and lift out the blower motor assembly"

Background here
but into my personal 101 goes the general category of

"niggling largely unnecessary time-consuming irritations when doing a simple job on a car"

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

I'm with you on that one Neil. While taking the snap of the xmas lights on Tuesday which I posted on POTD, I noticed one of my number plate bulbs was out. So this morning I went to investigate, the plastic cover popped off at the lightest touch to reveal a silvered bulb. Long story short.. .....cover back on and I will deal with it tomorrow at home with all tools available and spare car to collect replacement tailgate if I still can't change the bulb!!!! :?

Last edited by mickthemaverick on 14 Dec 2020, 23:21, edited 1 time in total.
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

CitroJim wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 14:46
Slightly OT but on my morning runs I've been shocked at how many whiffs of wacky baccy I'm subject to... Whiffs that emanate from people homes...

And that's between 5 and six in the morning... Is life so bad for so many nowadays that they need to find solace in narcotics so early in the day?

Or maybe for them it's their last puff before bed... I don't know but I find it very sad...

Has wacky baccy been legalised recently? I know I'm sensitive to it but its use seems so widespread now...

Hate it...
I notice this a fair bit and only this evening i could smell wacky baccy coming through a neighbours bathroom extractor fan vent although i should point out it's a ground floor bathroom & i had my head under the bonnet of my car & so was only 2-3 feet away, stinks though & doesn't do me much good when i smell it :(
Music keeps me going.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

quintet wrote: 14 Dec 2020, 23:17
CitroJim wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 14:46

Hate it...
I notice this a fair bit and only this evening i could smell wacky baccy coming through a neighbours bathroom extractor fan vent although i should point out it's a ground floor bathroom & i had my head under the bonnet of my car & so was only 2-3 feet away, stinks though & doesn't do me much good when i smell it :(
I'm reliably informed that the smell of wacky baccy, especially the pungent 'Skunk' variety, can linger around for ages and often what is smelt is not the substance being smoked but the plants growing during their cultivation and growth, often in an attic...

Allegedly, two or three plants is enough to supply all the needs of the average consumer of such substances... Or so I'm told...

That might explain why I smell it so early in the morning when the air is often still and other smells, especially traffic fumes, are absent...

As Christmas approaches the amount I'm smelling on a daily basis is rising :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

Post Office Sorters that can't read!!! A letter came with our post in Hertford today, The house number is ours and the road is similar but after that - It is for an address in Bristol with a BS Postcode????

[Image Removed]
Last edited by mickthemaverick on 18 Dec 2020, 08:34, edited 3 times in total.
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

We had a card for Wokingham dropped in our door. I caught up with the postman, handed it back (pointing out the Wokingham part of the address) only to get it back a week later (London Road had been changed to London Street). I circled Wokingham and gave it back AGAIN. We haven't seen it back yet.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Late yesterday afternoon I finally received my original 'lost in the post' MK Half Marathon race bib... Well over a week late!!!

Postie and I had a good laugh about it :D
Jim

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I got post for my next door neighbour, took it round to her, she had post for the next door on and so it went on all through the close, postie must have been on whacky baccy. :-D
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Post by Michel »

CitroJim wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 14:46 Slightly OT but on my morning runs I've been shocked at how many whiffs of wacky baccy I'm subject to...

No, it’s still sadly illegal Jim, however most people and plods turn a blind eye to it, not worth the hassle and a bunch of stoners aren’t likely to cause any trouble.

I don’t know that many people who don’t, or haven’t used it at some point, and that’s in posh Twyford! I occasionally partake myself still, but then I don’t drink at all, which I find far worse for the mood, health and mental well-being. I don’t smoke it though..
Michel
(Donor 2022)

Post by Michel »

CitroJim wrote: 15 Dec 2020, 07:47
I'm reliably informed that the smell of wacky baccy, especially the pungent 'Skunk' variety, can linger around for ages and often what is smelt is not the substance being smoked but the plants growing during their cultivation and growth, often in an attic...
All in all, two or three plants is enough to supply all the needs of the average consumer of such substances... Or so I'm told...

That might explain why I smell it so early in the morning when the air is often still and other smells, especially traffic fumes,

As Christmas approaches the amount I'm smelling on a daily basis is rising :twisted:
Two or three well cared for plants, I’m told, is enough to keep a couple of brothers supplied for many years, providing, I’m told, you use cuttings off them when they’re ready to be cropped, and replant them. So I’m told. Skunk, I’m *ahem* told, is just normal weed grown properly with care, much like prize winning roses are much the same as ones you see in a park garden..
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I do know somebody who (because of their MAJOR back problems) cultivates five plants. Their doctor has explained the situation to the local Police (who, for a change, have a degree of initiative and flexibility), who call round on rare occasions. If they were to find more than five plants all bets are off, but they never have (and never will, as this person has no interest in offending, either their local Constabulary or in a criminal sense).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Michel
(Donor 2022)

Post by Michel »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 18 Dec 2020, 20:49 I do know somebody who (because of their MAJOR back problems) cultivates five plants. Their doctor has explained the situation to the local Police (who, for a change, have a degree of initiative and flexibility), who call round on rare occasions. If they were to find more than five plants all bets are off, but they never have (and never will, as this person has no interest in offending, either their local Constabulary or in a criminal sense).
You’ll find the same in most areas - from my, erm, friend’s experience, those “average” people who grow 2 or 3 plants don’t have any intention of offending, dealing or any criminal activity whatsoever. Most of them will be growing their own precisely so they don’t have to engage with the seedier side of it at all. The police have absolutely no interest in these folk. Someone I know had a visit from the Police, told them immediately when they asked, and even showed them the growing area with plenty of evidence. Older, more sensible coppers, not at all interested other than giving a warning and told to get better ventilation. Oh, and “we’ll be back to check on the 28th again as per procedure sir”..
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks Mike and James :D Good words indeed!
Jim