Multi Media

This unit is the NG4 system, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: DVD, Voice Commands, HighRes Display, 3D Mapping, Bluetooth Hands Free, Independent Phone with MDS Module, SD Card, USB, Jukebox.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

hoggers
My Cars: C5 Exclusive

Multi Media

Post by hoggers »

Sorry for all the questions but i've just tried uploading some music from my USB. I select 'copy all' files. There are three folders with an equivalent of a CD of tracks on each. However, it only seems to copy the first folder and not the other two despite selecting them all. Also how do you delete a folder -- i've looked in the manual and then on the option on screen but cant work it out. Any help appreciated.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Multi Media

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Here's a better tip:
Personally I don't use the Jukebox Hard Drive (I prefer to minimise use of the Hard Drive as they are really expensive to get hold of a replacement). So what I do is create a folder on my PC for each artist or album, then rip the appropriate CD to MP3 into the correct folder. Get yourself an SD Card. Format it FAT 32, and copy all your folders with the MP3 files onto the SD Card. Load the SD card in with ignition off into the SD Card Slot at the front of the unit. Select Media - and it will play your files and display artist and track etc. This will save wear on your hard drive an to be honest is a LOT simpler to do. You can always add files as and when you want. I have a 32Gb card in at present and am struggling to get that half full!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
hoggers
My Cars: C5 Exclusive

Post by hoggers »

GiveMeABreak wrote:Here's a better tip:
Personally I don't use the Jukebox Hard Drive (I prefer to minimise use of the Hard Drive as they are really expensive to get hold of a replacement). So what I do is create a folder on my PC for each artist or album, then rip the appropriate CD to MP3 into the correct folder. Get yourself an SD Card. Format it FAT 32, and copy all your folders with the MP3 files onto the SD Card. Load the SD card in with ignition off into the SD Card Slot at the front of the unit. Select Media - and it will play your files and display artist and track etc. This will save wear on your hard drive an to be honest is a LOT simpler to do. You can always add files as and when you want. I have a 32Gb card in at present and am struggling to get that half full!
Ok until then, any ideas how I can delete files with doing a factory reset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You can manage copied files from the jukebox on the media menu, but use your of to delete from the USB key.

I'll try and get a Navidrive manual to you tomorrow!

Marc
mickeymoon

Re: RE: Re: Multi Media

Post by mickeymoon »

GiveMeABreak wrote:Here's a better tip:
This seems like an awful lot of work when I can just stream via Bluetooth straight from my phone , either mp3s that are on it (64GB worth), Spotify or Amazon Prime ;)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There's a very good reason for it - the NG4 system doesn't support Bluetooth music streaming! It does just about everything else though, hence why I suggested it. You have to remember this was a 2008/9 system and probably designed a few years previous to that, so they can't support every future development of Bluetooth. They did provide several other means of playing your tunes though and to be honest, most people have ripped their CD collections to MP3 I would guess. I don't stream music, I prefer to either buy the CD or buy the MP3 album and keep it in my own archive.

Marc