Peugeot 308 CC - new tyres for a new southern summer

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

pgcarter22

Re: Peugeot 308 CC - A great car (when it behaves itself)

Post by pgcarter22 » 23 Feb 2019, 11:37

My dad had dipping mirrors on his Grand Picasso which didn't have electric seats, also I am sure that I read on one of the forums that the auto mirrors and mood/ambient lighting "share a module in one of the doors", which is why I checked the auto mirrors after realising the lighting wasn't there. Hmmmm....

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak » 23 Feb 2019, 14:28

According to your specs:-

Your mirrors are electric fold back and heated, but not dipping
You have 'Map Reading Lamp + Ambient Lighting'

I have the electrochrome, indexable / auto dipping / folding heated mirrors on my C5 X7, and it was available only as part of one of the detection packs, but is was pulled on later models - probably due to cost saving and expense of these units. My wing mirrors are £980 EACH to replace - so that will give you some idea why I suspect. :shock:

Secondly, the 'Ambient' function is only activated in the courtesy light unit when the side lights are activated.

pgcarter22

Post by pgcarter22 » 25 Feb 2019, 18:57

Thanks Marc, don't know why I haven't seen the response before, only got to see it when I did another response. Any chance I could see the full spec or is that a £60 job? :-)

The only light that comes on when I put side lights on is a little orange dot between the map reading lights, the book says "The dimmed passenger compartment lighting improves visibility in the vehicle when the light is poor. At night, the footwell lighting and the front courtesy mood lamp come on automatically when the sidelamps are switched on" and it shows a picture of the courtesy lamp glowing (as well as the little orange dot being on).

Many thanks
PAUL

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak » 25 Feb 2019, 19:14

Hi Paul, that may be the extent of the ambient lighting on your vehicle.... that little amber LED dot! I don't know about your 308, but my ambient lighting on the X7 is located thus:
X7 Light A.PNG
X7 Light A.PNG (52.35 KiB) Viewed 75 times
X7 Light B.PNG
X7 Light B.PNG (48.02 KiB) Viewed 75 times
X7 Light C.PNG
X7 Light C.PNG (41.85 KiB) Viewed 75 times

pgcarter22

Post by pgcarter22 » 26 Feb 2019, 00:58

Hi Marc

I c.ant copy the electronic version of the picture but it definitely shows the courtesy light glowing around the amber LED, plus it also mentions the footwells and there are no lights that come on there, only the one when you open the door. Would I be able to get a copy of the full spec sheet please?
Thanks again
PAUL

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak » 26 Feb 2019, 10:25

I'll have another look, but not a lot else apart from what else is in the manual regarding the lighting.

I have emailed your specs based on your VIN as your 308 left the factory. Check your junk folder if it isn't already there.

pgcarter22

Post by pgcarter22 » 26 Feb 2019, 20:25

Yes I got it, thank you so much! At least I have half a chance of getting any diagnostic fees back from warranty as I am now 100% sure that ambient lighting is fitted, they should fix them under my Peugeot approved warranty.
Cheers
PAUL

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 » 26 Feb 2019, 20:59

pgcarter22 wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 18:57
The only light that comes on when I put side lights on is a little orange dot between the map reading lights, the book says "The dimmed passenger compartment lighting improves visibility in the vehicle when the light is poor. At night, the footwell lighting and the front courtesy mood lamp come on automatically when the sidelamps are switched on" and it shows a picture of the courtesy lamp glowing (as well as the little orange dot being on).

I checked our 308 CC and it is the same. The 3mm point LED glows dimly when the "Ambient Lighting" is enabled, but it is so feeble that I had never noticed it. There is no sign of the footwell lights coming on with ambient lighting. I wonder if there is a BSI setting that controls the footwell lights in this regard? or maybe the handbook is just wrong.

This reminds me of another pet peeve of mine... On many modern cars, the RHD versions have the ignition switch on the wrong side. This has two consequences:
Firstly the interior light does not illuminate the slot at night (on the 308 it is pretty much invisible).
Secondly, when you get into the car, the keys are naturally in your right hand (because that is the side where the ignition switch is), but you also have to use your right hand to open the door, so there is a high likelihood that the keys will frequently hit the door, causing micro-scratches around the handle. On a LHD car, you hold the keys in your right hand, but open the door with your left, so that paintwork is relatively safe.

pgcarter22

Post by pgcarter22 » 26 Feb 2019, 21:30

Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 8.25.05 pm.png
Managed it! =D>

pgcarter22

Post by pgcarter22 » 26 Feb 2019, 21:37

I will try turning the ambient lighting off and see if the dot stops illuminating, then I will start flagging down 308 convertibles in the street, demanding to see their ambient lighting :lol:

pgcarter22

Post by pgcarter22 » 26 Feb 2019, 23:55

IMG_0706.jpg
IMG_0703.jpg
IMG_0704.jpg
Ha ha, well what do you know, ambient lights are working! 3rd one is footwell light with door open, 2nd one is with door closed (ambient/mood lighting) and the 1st is courtesy light cluster (amber dot and button symbols ambiently lit!), no wonder I've never seen them, they were obviously overpowered by the stars shining through the window. Oh, and for the record, they are on all the time, even when you turn the lights off (unless they have a time delay) :lol:

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak » 27 Feb 2019, 09:38

I’m glad you’ve finally seen the light! 8-)

pgcarter22

Re: Peugeot 308 CC - Behaving itself

Post by pgcarter22 » 27 Feb 2019, 19:32

Technically I haven't actually seen it, I just know it's there by the power of the selfie feature on my phone. To get down low enough to see it I would have to open the door and trigger the full footwell light. You can't actually notice they are on when they are, only with a selfie camera or mirror. No wonder Peugeot are so coy about them, probably embarrassed :rofl2:

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Re: Peugeot 308 CC - NOT Behaving itself

Post by xantia_v6 » 06 Apr 2019, 01:44

This morning I was giving a neighbour a hard time because his 30 year old Rangerover was only running on 7 cylinders and sounded quite sickly. The Peugeot decided to play the same game an hour later, with a severe misfire, a repair engine warning and no turbo boost. In limp mode on 3 cylinders it barely had enough power to get up the hill to get home, about 10 km/h in first gear was all that it could manage.

Daigabox gave faults p1336 and p1340, which are for a combustion failure, probably on cylinder 4. It felt to me like a coil failure. An internet search showed those fault codes (apparently) cured by a replacement coil, or a replacement cam position sensor, or a replacement fuel pressure sensor.

I swapped the coils around and ran the engine for a minute or so, and got a combustion fault on cylinder 3, so I am about to go to pick up a replacement coil.

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Re: Peugeot 308 CC - NOT Behaving itself

Post by xantia_v6 » 06 Apr 2019, 04:46

Being Saturday afternoon, there were limited options for obtaining a replacement coil, particularly as I had no usable car available. I caught a bus into town, then a Lime scooter to a parts shop that had a coil in stock. Then on the scooter all the way home.

Fitting the new coil did nothing to improve the engine however. I was not sure which way the cylinders are numbered, so swapped the old coil into the mirror location, and now the engine seems to be running on a all cylinders.

The engine management light did not extinguish until the faults were cleared in the ECU.

While diagbox was connected, I erased the miscellaneous fault codes in the other ECUs. All ok, but I have permanent F303 in the RD45. It is apparently a configuration error, but there is no clue about how to fix it.