RIP Citronut

Dedicated to the memories of those that have travelled the final highway

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

martingold

Re: RIP Citronut

Post by martingold » 26 Jul 2015, 14:47

in watching the celebration of jules bianchi's life i have just had a thought, if only these people could know how much they were loved when they were still alive
perhaps you guys as members of the french car forum could give say, a virtual award to someone who goes above and beyond to help people.. dare i say it, could it be called "the citronut award"
perhaps you could change it monthly or even yearly.
this could be done in a vote on the forum
no probs if you guys dont think its appropriate .... just a thought

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 26 Jul 2015, 14:50

martingold wrote: perhaps you guys as members of the french car forum could give say, a virtual award to someone who goes above and beyond to help people.. dare i say it, could it be called "the citronut award"
Martin, that's a lovely idea :-D

We shall see it is done...

I'm also dedicating this forum to Malcolm's memory. Look at the masthead next time you log in...

martingold

Post by martingold » 26 Jul 2015, 14:53

thank you, once again this forum has drawn a tear from my eye

sandybx

Post by sandybx » 26 Jul 2015, 22:44

Just wanted to say that thank you for all of the very very kind updates for those of us that sadly couldnt make it :(
Vince,

harryp
Donor 2016

Post by harryp » 27 Jul 2015, 10:00

Echo Vince's sentiment. Thankyou all.

JohnD
donor 2019

Post by JohnD » 27 Jul 2015, 20:26

What sad news! I've been without my computer for several weeks so just read about this sad event. I spent a day with Malcolm in his workshop during October of 2012 whilst he did my cambelt. What an enjoyable day it was to watch him at work. My belated condolences to his family. RIP.

darbuck

Post by darbuck » 30 Jul 2015, 08:58

I never met malcolm but spoke to him on here several times seemed like an extremely obliging bloke he was one of the first people to respond to me on this forum may he rest in peace and may his family find peace as there must be a huge hole in their lives if he could affect me such a short time.

steelcityuk

Post by steelcityuk » 07 Aug 2015, 22:37

I'm absolutely staggered to hear of Malcolms passing, it's been a while since I've been on the forum so this has come as a real shock. My utmost condolences to Malcolms family, I know how hard it is when this happens. I remember asking him questions about his signature when I first joined the forum. He will be greatly missed.

Steve.

falling-out-with-my-car

Post by falling-out-with-my-car » 22 Aug 2015, 14:33

Sorry to hear this bad news, I to have not been on the forum for a while owing to
looking after family with health issues.
I met Malcolm at the Citroen Car Club Rally at Wicksteed Park a few years ago and bought a set of
second hand 2cv wheel trims off of him, nice chap in fact probably the only person at the whole rally I seemed to
spend chatting with for any length of time.

Thanks Malcolm for all the advice you shared with me on how to restore my little 2cv.
which probably would not have passed its MOT without your advice.

I hope him upstairs needs a good mechanic that appreciates a good natter....he's got one of the best now.

condolences to all of your family and friends.

Nigel....falling-out-with-my-car on the FCF and Xan2cv on the CCC.
Last edited by falling-out-with-my-car on 25 Aug 2015, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.

Rhothgar

Post by Rhothgar » 23 Aug 2015, 09:06

I'm utterly saddened to hear of Malcolm's passing from the masthead. A good place to notify of important news. Well done CitroJim for thinking of that. It's been a while since I've been on the forum so this has come as a real shock. My condolences to Malcolm's family. My memory is so poor these days I simply cannot remember if I was ever introduced to him. I did buy a wing from someone down his neck of the woods a few years back. It may have been Malcolm. He will be sorely missed on this forum and the loss of such a mine of information will be hard to replace.
Last edited by Rhothgar on 29 Sep 2015, 08:43, edited 1 time in total.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 23 Aug 2015, 09:09

Hi Roger, You'd know Malcolm if you met him! I'm sure you did as he was a stalwart of most rallies and he was so full of character once met never forgotten!

Ianhw77k

Post by Ianhw77k » 28 Sep 2015, 22:46

I know this is a ridiculously late reply to this subject but I've just read through the whole sorry saga.
I don't come on this forum much, I'm usually too busy and end up just posting on here when I get really stuck. Malcom was always there to help and with him living just down the road from me, I was sure our paths would cross one day.

I'm extremely saddened to find out that I will never meet the great man and that he's not going to be on this great forum to help me with my Citroën based woes in the future.

I hope he's tinkering happily for evermore in that great workshop in the sky, where every tool you need is always where you can find it.

martingold

Post by martingold » 29 Sep 2015, 06:59

Ianhw77k wrote:
I hope he's tinkering happily for evermore in that great workshop in the sky, where every tool you need is always where you can find it.
If my brother was anything like me every tool was always where you could find it... That would be on the floor, the one place they could fall no further.

Citronut junior

Re: RE: Re: RIP Citronut

Post by Citronut junior » 29 Sep 2015, 07:53

martingold wrote:
Ianhw77k wrote:
If my brother was anything like me every tool was always where you could find it... That would be on the floor, the one place they could fall no further.
Uncle Martin if you could see his workshop, that we are still ploughing our way through, Dad would be the only one that could find anything!

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

martingold

Re: RE: Re: RIP Citronut

Post by martingold » 30 Sep 2015, 12:53

Citronut junior wrote:
martingold wrote:
Ianhw77k wrote:
Uncle Martin if you could see his workshop, that we are still ploughing our way through, Dad would be the only one that could find anything!

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

sounds about right clare :rofl2: